The JR. IT Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting the facility by completing IT related requests, as well as, supporting the IT department and staff in software, hardware and all other technological tasks and issues. The System Administrator must be customer service-oriented and be able to learn techniques to best serve clients. They must also have the ability to deliver customer service to users with various levels of knowledge including none to advanced.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enters customer request for technical support into the IT automated helpdesk system;
- Partner with third party vendors to schedule hardware maintenance;
- Assist in the creation of detailed process and procedure documentation;
- Asset tracking review and physical inventory monthly;
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve system hardware, software, and networking issues;
- Configure, optimize, fine-tune, monitor OS software and servers;
- Perform system backups and recovery;
- Configure and deploy servers; administer the hypervisor environment/s, create and utilize standardized images
- Manage the VOIP infrastructure;
- Support the LAN/WAN infrastructure; maintain network and system security
- Maintain and support the shop-floor related technologies including OEE, DNC, and associated layer-1 architectures
- Lead/participate in cross-departmental technology related projects
- Maintaining regular and punctual attendance according to shift-times or a pre-arranged work schedule.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, may be substituted for experience and relevant certifications
- MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, and CompTIA A+ certifications, may be substituted with documented experience;
- 3 to 5 years’ experience providing administrative support in a technical environment
- Experience with VMware-based hypervisors
- Experience with mid-range hardware and shared storage architectures: FC, iSCSI
- Specific experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2+
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent