The Campbell River and District Association for Community Living provides and advocates for local services to support people of all ages with special needs, their families and caregivers.
Community Support Workers are needed for casual day shifts with the possibility of applying for future permanent positions.
Locations: Passages/HYPE/Supported Employment/Recreation and Leisure
- Valid Class IV Driver's License
- First Aid and CPR
- Negative TB test results
- Criminal Record Check as per Association policyhttps://employers.indeed.com/p#
- Completed Physicians Approval of Health
- Food Safe Certification
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Human Services Worker Certification or certification in a relevant field preferred
- 3-6 months prior job experience (paid or volunteer), working with people with developmental disabilities.
- Preference given to those with previous experience working with people with a dual diagnosis and challenging behavior.
- Must display a proven ability to calmly and effectively work with individuals with complex behavioral and emotional needs.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as basic computer knowledge.
- Program development and report writing skills are preferred and the ability to work with the individual and family in program development.
- Must display enthusiasm, energy and a willingness to be flexible in adapting to a varied schedule. Must be physically fit, willing and able to meet all physical demands of the job, including swimming.
- Must be comfortable and willing to work independently.
- Preferred applicants will have experience providing programming focused on the arts, or a willingness to learn.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $19.45 /hour