- Capable of producing large & small detailed shop drawings using AutoCAD.
- Able to organize all necessary information received from the architectural drawings and project details from the client.
- Clear understanding of building science concepts and principles.
- Have a working knowledge of architectural cladding materials and components.
- Ensure that shop drawings are designed in accordance with the project specifications and executed contract.
- Sending RFI (Request for Information) if details are missing or don't work with the proposed system.
- Conduct quantity take offs and bills of materials for each project.
- Work with the company project manager to assist in preparing, maintaining and recording shop drawings, fabrication ticket material lists and manufacturing documents.
- Job site visits and investigations to assist in the drafting process.
- Keep open communication with the Project Managers throughout the project development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or College level diploma in Architectural Technology.
- 2-5 years of work experience using AutoCAD preferably in developing detailed shop or production drawings relating to architectural cladding.
- Ability to read architectural drawings (blueprints) and other construction documents.
- Solid ability to use AutoCAD and other computer software applications (Microsoft Office, Excel)
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and work in a team environment.
- Highly organized and able to multi task
- Must be a proactive team player, self motivated and contain strong communication skills
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.00 /hour