Billings wood Manor is looking for a Cook. This person would be responsible for the preparation and presentation of high quality meals in a punctual manner. The Dietary Chef is responsible to follow all policies and regulations for safety, hygiene and facility food preparation guidelines. This is a part-time/casual position, you must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Prepare breakfasts, lunches and /or dinner for 60+ residents
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and serve high volume/quality meals in a fast paced environment
- Prepares and cooks food from menus that have been predetermined for the daily meals
- Prepare meals on menus and based on nutritional programs and individual plans.
- Ensure quality and safety of food by performing daily cleaning tasks. (Ex: sweeping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces, as well as proper covering and storage of food items
- Ensure that each resident receives meals corresponding to their dietary requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Logs food temperatures and assures food items are within acceptable ranges
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously and the ability to prioritize work
- Looking for a strong team player with excellent work ethics, able to work with others, problem solving and decision making
- Supervisory experience desired
- Must enjoy working with the elderly
- Standing for the duration of your shift.
- Repetitive movement of arms, hands, wrist/fingers and lift up to 30-50 lbs.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Completion of college or cook training school or a trade certification
- Minimum 1 year of cooking experience required
- Must provide a clean Criminal record check
- Ottawa Public Health Food Handlers Certification
- Working experience in the healthcare industry preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of food and catering trends
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required.
- Must be free of diseases that may be transmitted in the performance of job responsibilities. TB testing required
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- cook: 2 years (Preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (Preferred)