Line of Service
International Tax Services
Job Description & Summary
A career in our International Tax Desk practice, within International Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help multinational companies address their cross border tax needs both locally and globally by managing their global tax rates, finding areas of cost reduction, and responding to inquiries from regulatory authorities. You’ll gain a global perspective and an awareness of tax issues stemming from changes to evolving business structures and geographic expansions.
Our team advises our clients on tax laws and reporting, legislation and planning strategies based on the geography and jurisdiction. You’ll be assisting our team with local tax laws, reporting requirements, statutory filings, corporate strategy, transfer pricing and indirect tax and other international taxation needs.
To really stand out and make us ﬁt for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Corporate and partnership income tax compliance
- Consulting on various issues, including domestic and international structuring, financing, -acquisitions and dispositions, and reporting matters.
- Tax provision advice/review
- Providing assistance and guidance to team members on tax related issues.
An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
7+ years U.S. tax experience;
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business is desirable
U.S. CPA JD degree; or Completion of Masters of U.S. Taxation is an asset
Experience with U.S. domestic and international tax issues, including tax research;
Why you’ll love working for PwC
We want you to love every (if not, almost every) minute of your career, having said this, we get it. Each life stage we go through comes with a new set of priorities and demands. This is why we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits, so regardless of your situation, there’s something for everyone.
Leading benefits for our permanent staff include:
A competitive compensation package
Sponsored investments, pensions and saving plans with matching firm contributions
PwC FlexBenefits, for personalised medical & dental coverage, including enhanced mental health benefit
Every day recognition and real time appreciation through our rewards and recognition program
Dress for your day with our flexible dress environment
Health, wellness and fitness perks
Family-friendly benefits, including maternity and parental leave policies and support networks to help you prepare for your successful return to work
Back-up child and elder care support
Career defining project work and international experience
Development opportunities including learning on the job, formal learning, learning from others and access to “Vantage” our digital learning system
Award winning programs including “Women in Leadership” and “Enhanced Pursuit Program”
A coach to help develop skills, diversify experiences and achieve career aspirations
See how you can create your future at PwC:
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.