Logikor is looking for an energetic, team-oriented Logistics Specialist to join our growing team at our location in Cambridge, ON.
What makes us different? We provide a friendly, family-oriented environment with an open-door culture. We’re invested in our people and offer opportunities for education, training and growth and offer a competitive benefit package, employer matching RRSP, bonus incentive program, lunch & knowledge shadows, and company swag. Logikor strives to be the best in class in terms of logistics providers from the perspective of Customers, Team Members, Suppliers, Shareholders and the communities we operate in. Logikor is a 7 time winner of Top Fleet Employers from Trucking HR Canada, and multi-time Platinum Safety Award winner from Northbridge Insurance.
- Set up, rate, assign, dispatch and monitor all movements in accordance to organizational policy and procedure and to comply with relevant local, country, and international laws as well as customer requirements
- Create, audit, and send standardized reports to customers or management, meeting daily requirements
- Update customers on all relevant plan to actual variations or incidents.
- Develop/maintain procedures and processes to streamline customer service and maintain standardization
- Maintain customer and vendor database in Transportation Management Software
- Monitor, record, analyze, and report on activities, trends, results, and recommendations relating to Operations
- Investigate, plan, and implement strategically effective and relevant transport methods which meet the needs of the organization, it's suppliers, and customers
- Track, process, follow up and file carrier/driver/owner operator paperwork, customs clearance, customs cargo control documents, trip reports and log books
- Adhere to local and externally relevant health and safety laws and policies
- When able, support other duties as assigned
- Willingness to work flexible hours as necessary to support customer demands
- Capacity to work effectively under pressure and do what it takes to serve the customer
- Ability to work on a variety of shifts as well as occasional weekends and holidays (supporting our customers production needs)
- Ability to speak to and serve all corporate levels with diverse educational, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds
- Previous Dispatch/Traffic experience preferred
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with a keen attention to detail
- Strong initiative and flexibility with the drive to work in a fast paced environment
- An assertive & proactive approach to problem solving
- Customer service oriented with a friendly, easy-going disposition
- Ability to multi-task with a strong sense of urgency
- Team player with the ability to train and develop others
- Ability to lead and take ownership of projects
- Proficient in MS Office & Outlook
- International freight experience an asset
- Ability to work a variety of rotating shifts
- Able to support on-call, weekend and Statutory Holiday assignments as required
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Competitive compensation package & bonus incentive program
- Positive work environment with family atmosphere and open door culture
- Group Health and Dental Benefits, Life Insurance & EAP
- RRSP & employer matching contributions
- Company Branded Apparel
- Active Social Committee hosting regular events, draws, activities, etc.
- Employee Training Opportunities and Educational Assistance
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please apply today! Check us out on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter & at http://logikor.com/ to learn more about who we are.
Logikor is deemed an essential workplace during COVID-19 restrictions.
Logikor is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require accommodation.
We appreciate interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies at this time.
- Dental care
- RRSP Match
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours
- Employee assistance programs
- Education reimbursement
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
Application Deadline: 2020-06-08
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year
Currently staff are voluntarily working from home (when the position allows) temporarily due to COVID-19. We value the health & wellness of our team members and their families, by implementing: regular Clorox surface sprays & daily sanitation measures,etc
- Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)