Territory Sales Representative
Regional Sales Manager
Montreal Area (South Shore)
The Territory Sales Representative meets and exceeds sales objectives of assigned territory by promoting and selling tools, accessories & consumables through professional sales techniques, product service, and long term customer relationships.
- Make outside, face-to-face sales calls within a designated geographical area while strengthening the company’s position or market share within the territory.
- Develop, analyze, and manage business plans related to the customer database to effectively maintain and grow sales
- Using Time and Territory Management, geographically zone territory by customer potential and previous sales, create your own daily schedule in CRM.
- Convince customers that they have a need for a Festool product with product demonstrations.
- Demo Festool products in person, face-to-face, with customers at jobsites, shop or office locations.
- Identify the key trades and roles on the jobsite and understand their responsibilities and needs.
- Schedule appointments with decision makers at carpentry, flooring, drywall and renovation companies.
- Analyze and identify which customers to target, and create action plans to identify customer buying potential and where Festool products can fit with these target companies.
- Collaborate with a variety of departments to be a successful Territory Sales Representative (regional sales managers, marketing and customer service)
- Maintain company assets, e.g. company provided vehicle, tool inventory, laptop, and cell phone. Additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Minimum three (3) years of related experience in an outside sales role preferred;
- Proven B2B and B2C product outside sales skills;
- Strong territory management skills;
- Ability to demonstrate power tools safely;
- Ability to operate motor vehicle safely;
- Ability to perform tool demonstrations including loading/unloading tools from car;
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs safely;
- Hands on product training for tools on a quarterly basis;
- Working knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office;
- Must present a positive and professional appearance;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must;
- Ability to stay informed on current industry trends and apply information to sales opportunities;
- Ability to demonstrate high level of customer focus;
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills;
- Must possess strong influence and persuasion skills;
- Must possess strong planning, prioritizing, and goal setting skills;
- Must demonstrate strong relationship management skills.