Accountant – Job Description
Anaïd Productions Inc. produces award-winning, dynamic, and internationally recognized documentary and factual television series. Anaïd is committed to creating diverse programming with high production values and compelling content, often irreverent and always entertaining.
Anaid Productions is looking for an experienced Accountant to join our team in Vancouver. Reporting to VP Business Affairs, the Accountant is responsible for full cycle accounting for Anaid and its projects in various stages of development and production.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Intercompany transactions and reconciliation
- Budget and cash flow forecasts
- Monthly financial statement preparation and analysis of expenditures
- Accurate and timely financial tracking and reporting
- Financial meetings with management
- Accounting for productions including labour & provincial expenditure tracking, cost reports and variance analysis
- Preparation of year-end working paper for auditors
- Identify and solve any problems in the accounting system
- Maintain accounting controls and recommend policies and procedures
- Interact respectfully and professionally with colleagues, other staff members & clients
- Accounting degree is required. Professional Accounting designation is preferred
- 5+ years experience in finance and accounting preferably in the film & television industry
- Proficiency with Quickbooks and Excel is required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient and detail oriented
- Self motivated with the ability to meet monthly deadlines with multiple priorities
No phone enquiries please.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Film and Television Industry: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Preparing financial statements (e.g. balance sheet, P&L, statement of cash flows)
- Processing expense reports
- Reviewing and maintaining internal controls processes and systems