For over 25 years, Stevenson Industrial Refrigeration has been designing and servicing large-scale refrigeration systems across Western Canada. From system installations and operating support to maintenance and parts supply, we have proven our ability across a wide variety of projects with our recreation and industrial customers.
As a company that was “born and raised” on the prairies, we have built our enterprise on the values that define our province and its best companies. Stevenson has completed projects in communities throughout Saskatchewan and is now providing services in Alberta and Manitoba.
The role of Manager, Business Development is to promote industrial refrigeration system maintenance, repair, and upgrade products and services for a range of clients throughout Western Canada. They will be focusing on expanding wallet share with our existing customer base and winning new customers to increase Stevenson’s market share. He or she will work with senior management to develop a pipeline of opportunities and capture them in a CRM system to facilitate timely and accurate reporting on their sales activity. This individual must have a strong technical background, proven sales experience and a solution sales orientation. We’re looking for an energetic, curious individual who wants to understand customers’ challenges and work with them “upstream” on solutions. Travel in this role could be up to 30%, and it can be based in Saskatoon, Calgary or Edmonton.
Compensation in this role will be base plus commission, and all business travel will be covered by the company.
- Promote Stevenson Industrial Refrigeration as a premier provider of refrigeration system maintenance, repair, installation and upgrade solutions throughout Western Canada to recreation and industrial customers and prospects (represent, build the brand)
- Manage a book of existing and prospective accounts utilizing a CRM system (organised, technically savvy)
- Responsible for daily prospecting activities and growing a wide and deep sales funnel (independent, driven)
- Gather complete information for all RFQ’s including intended application, specifications, pricing, timing requirements, bonding requirements, other (thorough, detail oriented)
- Establish key performance indicators and targets for this role with senior management, and report weekly on progress toward them (accountable, transparent)
- Collaborate effectively with Stevenson’s inside sales, engineering and other support staff to ensure the Team is meeting customers’ needs (Team player)
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of industry trends, activities, competitors and emerging technologies (educated, knowledgeable resource)
- Maintain up to date knowledge and skills in your role and advise your manager of training you require to do so (continuous learning)
- Ability to think “upstream” with clients to understand their refrigeration challenges and work with them to develop optimal equipment and services solutions (inquisitive, solution sales orientation)
- Assisting with Stevenson’s annual sales budgeting and forecasting processes (effective planning, vision).
Experience and Education
- Technical Engineering Diploma or equivalent post-secondary education.
- 5-7 years of technical experience and 2-4 years of outside sales experience with specific knowledge or a background in one or more of the following industries: refrigeration, HVAC, industrial, building products, mining, oil & gas, municipal, pipe & valves & fittings.
- Proven track record in sales that demonstrates the ability to win new business and become a value-added partner with customers.
- Proficiency in MS Office and experience using CRM software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and negotiation abilities.
- Self-starter who is proactive and results driven.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please do not reach out to any of the Stevenson team members regarding this role.
Stevenson Industrial Refrigeration is an equal opportunity employer. Every effort will be made to provide accommodations requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Technical Sales: 5 years (Required)