The Warehouse Associate reports to the Warehouse Supervisor. Ensures shipments are delivered on time and that product and material being received is inspected and stored in the appropriate area.
Determine method of shipment and arrange shipping; prepare bills of lading, customs forms, and other shipping documents manually or by computer;
- Assemble containers and crates, record contents manually or in computer system, pack goods to be shipped and affix identifying information and shipping instructions;
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods from trucks or other conveyances;
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and reject damaged goods;
- Pack goods to be shipped;
- Unpack, code and route goods to appropriate storage areas;
- May operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods;
- Participate in continuous improvements efforts based on feedback from key performance indicators.
- Work in compliance with Health & Safety regulations and ensure team members are following policies and procedures
- All other duties as assigned
Education Required: OSSD or equivalent.
Work Experience Required:
- Must have one (1) – two (2) years’ experience in a same/similar role preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Job Related Experience Required:
- Must have lift truck experience
- Experience in Receiving; labelling, timely parts delivery to production floor
- Experience in pulling parts; packing, and shipment paperwork
- Knowledge of cross border shipping requirements
- Effective verbal and written communications; concise report development; current office computer knowledge
Equipment: Standard office equipment
Software: Microsoft programs, Internet
- Various environments including office, production areas.
- Typical Warehouse environment
- Normal exposure to noise
- PPE required at all times
Job Type: Full-time
- New Hamburg, ON (Preferred)