Competition Number S18447P
Position Title Budget Officer
Position Number E99970
Employee Group Exempt (non-union support staff)
Position Status Regular Full-Time
End Date (if applicable)
Department Financial Services
Location North Vancouver
Working with us
At Capilano University, students are our focus. Employees play an essential role in creating an exceptional learning experience for students and a thriving campus community. Together, we are a high-performing team of individuals who make Capilano University one of the leading teaching universities in British Columbia and one of BC’s Top Employers. Grounded by our sense of purpose, we offer a meaningful, friendly and dynamic work environment.
As a member of the Financial Services team, you will be instrumental in helping bring financial management and support to academic and administrative leaders through the collaborative development of the annual budget and forecasts. You will be leading areas of financial and statistical data analysis, developing of costing models, tools and systems. We are looking for someone to help us continue to build our service delivery model of a strategic partner that supports the organization in informed decision-making and provides exceptional experiences for our employee and student community. You will work with a team of talented professional accountants and staff, an engaged community and a driven executive team. You will be assigned a portfolio consisting of both faculty and administrative client groups for all the above.
Do you share our purpose and passion?
What you’ll do
- Prepares financial analysis and acts as a resource to senior management during the annual development of the University budget. This includes preparing confidential forecast analysis and costing models.
- Provides financial analysis for the collective bargaining process.
- Maintains budget documents and inputs budgets and adjustments by cost centres to the financial system. Maintains position control system by reviewing requests for position control numbers and ensuring that sufficient funds are allocated. Processes periodic updates during the fiscal year to reflect funding adjustments and approved allocations.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree and accounting designation (CGA, CMA or CA).
- Three years of directly related work experience including experience in accounting, budgeting and financial reporting.
For more information
For more information, please see the complete job description.
At Capilano University, we understand that there is more to life than work. That is why we offer comprehensive benefits and support to help you and your family live a balanced life.
Take a sneak peek to see what it is like to work at Capilano University.
Posting Detail Information
Days and Hours of Work
Our standard work week is Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:00pm. Flexible work week also and option.
Bridge Period (if applicable)
Pay Group 6
Normal starting salary placement is between $55,404 – $73,873. Compensation beyond the control/mid-point requires approval by the Public Sector Employer’s Council Secretariat (PSEC).
Job Open Date 02/10/2020
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes