Bouclair Home is a successful retailer that focuses on value-priced fashion for the home. We are the fastest-
growing home decor chain in Canada. With a presence in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia,
Manitoba and Atlantic Canada, we are continuing our expansion throughout Canada.
We are currently looking for a professional and results-focused leader for the following full-time position:
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
The assistant store manager will partner with the store manager to maximize the sales and profitability of the
store by achieving and surpassing all sales targets and ensure an exceptional customer service experience. The
ideal candidate will have the required experience to effectively lead and motivate a team of associates, drive
sales and manage the inventory. The ASM will be accountable to the SM for ensuring that the store team
understands and adheres to all brand, performance and visual standards. The ASM will assume responsibility for
the entire store operation in the SM’s absence.
As a retail professional, you will have the ability to respond positively and proactively to the varying needs of the
business and have a keen sense of style and trends in home fashion.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Growing our brand and company culture by upholding our values and company policies.
- Directly accountable to the SM for the coaching and training of all associates on selling skills and
achievement of individual sales targets; quantitative goals of SPH; UPT and AT are critical components.
- Directly accountable to the SM for effective scheduling in order to maximize the stores sales and profit
and optimize the customer experience in the store.
- Lead, coach, and energize all store associates towards the achievement of a common goal.
- Maintain effective sales floor leadership to ensure that sales associate coverage is focused on the
customer at all times.
- Partner with store team on the execution of all company visual and signage standards and processing
of merchandise to sales floor, ensure optimal replenishment of fast selling inventory.
- Maintain impeccable housekeeping and maintenance standards.
- Partner with SM to recruit and hire quality candidates to meet store needs and retain them by
creating an environment of open communication, approachability and recognition.
- Act as a key link between the team and SM and be able to understand and provide feedback on
changes in associate morale.
- Recognize performance issues and take timely action in partnership with the SM, be able to execute
tough decisions as required.
- Identify talent in store team for internal promotion and partner with SM on the execution of succession
and development plans.
- Understand store P&L and react to improve results through understanding of all store and business
- Use effective controls and company reports to reduce shrink and mandate compliance by all
associates on audit and inventory procedures in order to promote a risk free environment.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Minimum 2 years’ management experience in a retail selling environment
- Business acumen and solid understanding of retail math
- Proven people development skills and ability to access talent
- Proven track record in sales, customer satisfaction, operations and visual merchandising
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to coach, train and motivate.
- Highly goal-oriented with a result-driven attitude
- Has a strong desire to help the customer and exhibits a positive attitude and genuine enthusiasm
toward the job, company and team
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can balance multiple customers, tasks and duties
- Able to work a variety of shifts; days, evenings and weekends
- Passion for home decor and fashion trends
- Full-time, minimum of 40 hours per week, must be available day , evening and weekends
This position challenges your ambitions? Don’t waste any time! Send our HR team you resume at
Only the selected candidates will be contacted.
Bouclair is committed to employment equity principle.
Bouclair in a few words …
Established in Montreal, Bouclair is a privately owned company and a lifestyle brand offering home fashion
decor and furniture at affordable prices. Distributed in its own retail stores across Canada and online, the
products are designed locally by an in-house team of designers and showcased in a coordinated manner
creating a unique style to help customers visualize their completed rooms.
Headquartered in Montreal, the company operates over a hundred Bouclair HOME stores across the country,
employing over 1,200 people. The company offers a full omni-channel shopping experience – customers have
the choice of shopping in stores, online or through its call centre.