The Front Office Manager will be responsible for the “Front of the House” operations of the Hotel, assisting with the oversight of all Guest Service Agents, greeting and registering guests, providing outstanding guest service and settling guest accounts upon checkout. The FOM will motivate and help coach Guest Service Agents, and possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to guests of the hotel.
· Train, coach & motivate team to greet guests with a smile and provide exceptional customer service.
· Ensure that Night Audit team is preparing all reports to the specifications of the Controller.
· Ensure that agreed departmental costs are not exceeded through effective control systems
· Ensure that Front Desk is clean and well maintained, and is to brand standard.
· Ensure that associates are always correctly and smartly dressed, that they offer professional and courteous service to their customers.
· Ensure that the Lobby Market area is clean and stocked with the stipulated requirements.
· Ensure that special guest requests are executed promptly and that they comply with the required standards.
· Ensure the efficient running of the Front Office department and that all rooms, including storage rooms and areas, are clean and tidy.
· Act as Duty Manager if/when required.
· Ensure maximum security in all areas under their control and that staff are fully aware of the importance of key security.
· Ensure that staffing levels are correct and to agreed standards and are not exceeded without prior consultation.
· Ensure that company and statutory hygiene standards are maintained in all areas.
· Attend to customer complaints in a timely fashion.
· Take all necessary steps in the event of theft, burglary or fire.
· Ensure that reports and administration requirements are submitted in a timely fashion.
· Hold regular performance appraisals with all departmental staff, identifying areas for development and training needs, and ensuring that this training is completed and to Hilton brand standard.
· Ensure the use of fair and consistent discipline for all employees.
· Ensure that the causes of staff grievances are investigated and the appropriate action taken.
· Ensure that fire and evacuation drills are held regularly and in accordance with Health and Safety Committee Team plans
· Ensure that regular stock takes are conducted.
· Prepare and submit all information necessary for budgeting purposes accurately and in a timely fashion.
· Circulate throughout Lobby and common areas maintaining a positive profile with customers and staff.
· Hold regular staff meetings.
· Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of trends in the industry and make suggestions for improvement.
· Attend meetings as required.
· Carry out or ensure that regular On-the-Job Training is taking place to agreed standards.
· Ensure that the most suitably qualified person is appointed in the event of a vacancy — wherever possible this should be an internal promotion.
· 5 years hotel front desk experience.
· Minimum two years previous experience in a supervisory Front Desk role
· Confident grasp of software applications and the ability to learn new software quickly.
· Opera system knowledge is required
· Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work well with others to promote a cohesive team environment.
· Strong effective leadership skills
· Calm composure in dealing with all guest issues and any emergencies.
Expected start date: 2020-08-04
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year