The Operations Lead at Crop Management (CMN) strives to deliver the highest quality of service to our customers by ensuring our equipment, facilities, and warehouses are running as efficiently as possible.
The Operations Lead is responsible to provide updates on inventory levels; troubleshoot any mechanical issues; schedule and participate in equipment/facility maintenance and inspections; assist with the receipt of fertilizer, seed and chemical to plants the warehouses; coordinate customer pick-up/transfers of product; ensure the facility is kept clean and free of hazards; and follow AWSA and Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures.
Operations & Inventory Management
- Safely performing operations duties to serve customers such as blending and loading fertilizer, unloading and loading seed and agricultural chemical products.
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Work with the General Manager & Crop Nutrients CSR/Logistics Coordinator to lead and implement an effective inventory management program. Strive to minimize damages, prevent unplanned condition problems, meet customer requirements and ensure high standards are maintained.
- Prioritize assignments and projects to ensure completion within established timeframes and by expected deadlines.
- Diagnose mechanical and/or electrical malfunctions. Plan and/or perform wide variety of repairs on plant facilities and equipment by disassembling and locating the cause of operational difficulties and replacing or repairing worn or broken parts.
- Coordinate delivery or pick up of product with Account Managers and the customer
- Work with Administration to ensure inventory is accurate & control inventory levels by conducting physical counts
- Assure that the location’s inventory is optimized to meet customer’s requirements
- Ensure the yard, equipment and any buildings of CMN’s are kept clean and free of hazards.
- Ensure proper PPE/equipment/training/ safety measures are provided to contractors, existing and new/seasonal staff.
- Handle all products with appropriate care; following all WHIMIS standards, refer to Safety Data Sheets and TDG standards.
- With the HS&E Coordinator, schedule regular safety meetings, inspections and complete any corrective action plans.
- Promote a culture and commitment to the safety of CMN employees, visitors, contractors and general public.
- Be aware of the Agrichemical Warehousing Standards and abide by the requirements set out by the AWSA.
- Perform and document frequent yard, tank, sheds, warehouse and equipment inspections and ensure all delegated tasks are being performed in a timely fashion.
- Ensure proactive maintenance of facilities, vehicles & equipment to guarantee a safe working environment
- Work from general procedures and in accordance with standard or recognized methods of maintenance/repair.
- Class 1 or Class 3 license
- Minimum Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function
- Effective time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and accounting/inventory systems
- Able to operate a forklift and tractor
- Be self-motivated, a self-starter and be well organized, must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have ability to follow safety, production and quality requirements
- Ability to meet the company’s policy requirements by completing a criminal background check, and drivers abstract
- Obtain First Aid, WHIMIS, TDG & Forklift Training
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- Operations: 5 years (Required)