Whitevalley Community Resource Centre requires a part time (16 hours per week) Counsellor to provide assessments; create support and intervention plans, and other required duties that provide direct support and crisis intervention to children, families and individuals living in the Lumby, Cherryville and surrounding area.
Qualifications and responsibilities;
- Understanding of core ethical principles of counselling and/or ability to make ethical decisions and seek consult if situation outside of competency / scope of practice.
- Must have a B.S.W. and/or a minimum of two years’ experience/training in a directly related field.
- Knowledge of community resources and the ability to make appropriate referrals.
- Able to demonstrate social behavior as a good role model for the client.
- Self-directed individual who can work effectively in a responsible co-operative manner with a variety of individuals and groups in a team atmosphere and take direction from a supervisor.
- Must understand and respect the aspects of confidentiality.
- Possess well-developed organizational skills.
- Able to perform accurate record keeping, report writing and Written work is kept up-to-date, clearly written and logically organized.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
- Must successfully clear a criminal record check under the Criminal Records Review Act.
- Engage in client referral and intake procedures as identified by the Executive Director and support agencies re. Ministry of Social Services, Transition House, etc.
- Provide individual and family counseling/interventions to address identified plans.
- Develop and maintain positive and supportive relationships with clients.
- Develop and implement therapeutic plans and programs in consultation with the referring agent and other related professionals.
- Documentation of program stats.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit resumes, with at least two references on or before April 3, 2019 at noon.
Whitevalley Community Resource Centre
ATTENTION: Dawn Frizzell - HR Manager by email
Subject to read: Mental Health and Addictions Counsellor
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time