Why join Roots?
Roots is not only a brand, it’s a culture and lifestyle. We look for dynamic individuals who are not only interested in retail and fashion, but who enjoy challenges and share our vision for a safer, cleaner, healthier planet.
In addition to our customers, an intrinsic part of our success has always been the people who work here. Roots is a company in which you can grow and benefit from the great opportunities often available. All members of our team are encouraged to ‘spread their roots’.
- Industrial Sewing experience is essential, preferably in the apparel manufacturing industry;
- Ability to use various industrial sewing machines including single needle lock stitch and post bed machines;
- Able to speak and understand English in order to comprehend written and verbal instructions.
- Able to work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliable with a good attendance record and a focus on punctuality.
- Able to work extended hours as required to meet business demands.
The impact you’ll have
Learn More Here:
- Helping to produce leather goods such as handbags, jackets and shoes according to the high standards of quality Roots is known for worldwide.
- Sewing pre-cut leather and fabric pieces including, but not limited to, pockets, flaps, zippers, piping, hoods, sleeves, and linings.
- Assessing the quality of garment pieces before sewing to ensure garments are up to quality standards.
- Participating in the sewing process as part of a team to ensure all work is completed in accordance with quality standards, delivery schedules and safety requirements.
- Ensuring individuals and team productivity quotas are met or exceeded on a daily basis.
- Adhering to all health and safety regulations and related company policies.
We offer :
Competitive wages + 50% off shopping discount