Job Inventory - Cardio/Weight Room Attendant
Competition posting date:
Competition closing date:
Recreation, Cultural & Facility Services Department, Community Recreation & Cultural Programs
1 or More Part-time Continuous Positions - Up to 24 hours/week
days, evenings, and weekends
CUPE 503 PT RC & Aquatics
$14.280 to $14.280 per hour (2019 rates of pay)
This position is available in multiple locations
Recreation and Culture
Responsible for overseeing and assisting customers with the use of a City of Ottawa cardio or weight room
facility or site.
Education & Experience
Completion of Grade 10
Minimum of one year experience working with the public and providing service to customers in a recreational
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for
stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing required
French oral, reading, writing is considered an asset
Current Standard First Aid/CPR "C" certification
Current Automated External Defibrillator (A.E.D.) certification
AODA Accessibility Training
Cash handling training provided by the City of Ottawa
Vulnerable Sector Check
Under the age of 18, requires a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check in place of the Vulnerable
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the Department's facilities, programmes and policies
- Demonstrated knowledge of fitness programs and the use of fitness equipment
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Demonstrated effective decision-making and judgement.
- Ability to work effectively in both a team setting and independently with minimum supervision.
- Positive and effective communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Ability to relate positively and effectively with a wide diversity of people.
If this opportunity matches your interest and profile please apply online by using the "Apply"
button. If this is your first online application please refer to our resources on how to apply for jobs online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process
will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that
reflects the diverse population it serves. The City encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the
HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.