Wenco International Mining Systems (www.wencomine.com), a subsidiary of Hitachi, is a software development and technology company that provides a series of technology product lines related to optimization and improvement of mines and material movers worldwide. As Wenco continues to build the next generation of technology, we need a wide range of professionals to help us achieve our objectives.
We are currently looking for a full-time Senior Financial Analyst to join our head office in Richmond BC. The Senior Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible for the development, ongoing reporting and maintenance of the Company’s management reporting and analysis function. If you are a hardworking, experienced finance professional who is interested in taking data driven decision making at a growing fast paced company to another level, then we want to talk to you!
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
· Develop and manage financial tools, KPIs, periodic reporting and dashboards that provide visibility and transparency into product, project, departmental, regional and consolidated results;
· Create a more robust monthly reporting package for the executive team and quarterly reporting package for the board of directors and prepare it on an ongoing basis;
· Prepare monthly internal reporting for the finance team and other stakeholders including project profitability and recovery, department budget-to-actuals and other pertinent reports;
· Conduct monthly variance analysis to identify trends and insights and communicate with the rest of the finance team to ensure accuracy of financial reporting;
· Lead the annual budget and forecasting process across all departments and regions as well as maintain rolling forecasts and budgets throughout the year;
· Be a key contributor to the preparation of the annual external financial statements and note disclosures;
· Prepare and review working papers and provide other senior level support for internal audits from HCM and external audits;
· Other reporting, special assignments and projects as requested by the Corporate Controller, the VP Finance & Operations and members of the executive team.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIRED:
· Minimum 5 years of relevant analytical experience in a finance/accounting position;
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business and a professional designation;
· Expert knowledge of Excel as well as strong analytical and financial modelling skills;
· Previous experience developing KPIs, reporting and executive dashboards;
· Strong knowledge of using ERPs and with leveraging financial planning / data analytic software;
· Experience using the company’s current financial systems Microsoft Dynamics Navision, Jet Reports and/or Power BI would be a strong asset;
· Strong understanding of accounting standards with IFRS experience an asset;
· Proven ability to assist various segments of the organization to develop KPI reports, dashboards and other effective management reports;
· Excellent communication skills including the ability to write clear, concise and formal business communications and to explain complex financial results to a wide audience;
· Well-organized and highly motivated with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
WHY JOIN WENCO?
Wenco advances the efficiency and safety of the world’s surface mining equipment through our fleet management systems. We are committed to providing a stable yet exciting workplace environment for individual employees to build and grow their career with the Company.
Wenco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It is not intended as an employment contract. Job descriptions are subject to change, which may not necessarily affect compensation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent