Set-Up/Maintenance, Downtown (Toronto, ON)
Downing Street Property Management Inc.
Downing Street Property Management Inc (dspm.ca), a third-party property management company headquartered in the GTA, is seeking an experienced set-up/general maintenance candidate for asset located in Downtown Toronto. This is a tremendous opportunity for an individual who are ready to take their career to the next level, and are looking to join a dynamic and progressive property management company with a diverse portfolio of assets and asset managers/clients.
Reporting directly to the Facilities Manager, Set-Up/Maintenance staff areresponsible for the set-up/dismantling and re-setting of various meeting facilities located in the Miles Nadal Jewish Community Centre, 750 Spadina Ave. and the Wolfond Centre, 36 Harbord St.
The Set-Up/Maintenance staff is also responsible for ensuring that the overall facilities at both locations are maintained to industry standards at all times, and that Clients, Tenants and the Public are provided with a safe and comfortable environment. This position requires some shift work (mornings/afternoons or afternoons/evenings) and some weekend work (on rotation).
Critical Competencies (for both locations):
Critical competencies include the ability to multi-task and meet critical timelines; the ability to communicate effectively and professionally in English (oral and written); demonstrated ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with senior management, contractors, tenants and the public. In the Set-Up/Maintenance role, successful candidatesmust be professional, flexible, and able to work independently with minimal direction and respond quickly to emergency situations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that Event and Programming set-up requirements are performed accurately and on-time including set-up and tear-down, A/V equipment checks, etc.;
2. Ensure that meeting room spaces are maintained to the highest industry standards at all times;
3. Ensure that all equipment is maintained and in good working order;
4. Executing general repair and maintenance work including painting, plastering and electrical work (tasks that do not require an electrician’s license, e.g. changing light bulbs).
5. Conduct regular inventory of equipment, record, and report any discrepancies;
6. Ensure that the facility overall and especially common areas entrances/exits to meeting and event spaces are maintained to company/industry standards at all times;
7. Maintain all interior/exterior common areas to company/industry standards and ensure appropriate logs and records are maintained and updated as necessary;
8. Ensure full compliance with DSPM company policies and procedures;
9. Foster and maintain positive client and tenant relations, and be professional in appearance and conduct at all times;
10. Record/report all incidents to the Facilities Manager in accordance with company policy & procedure;
11. Perform administration work as required such as completion of work orders and maintaining required on-site files, log books, records and/or data bases;
12. Participate in all fire drills and life safety training, and perform and/or monitor building security requirements and fire alarm/sprinkler systems; and,
13. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
1. Minimum of 2 years related experience in event/meeting set-ups and general building repairs maintenance;
2. Sound knowledge of emergency procedures, WHMIS, safety, fire and building codes;
3. Valid certification in CPR, and First Aid;
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
5. Good computer skills (i.e.: Microsoft Windows XP, Outlook (for e-mail), Microsoft Word and Excel);
6. Must be able to allocate time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; must be able to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adapt to new ideas and constant changes; must be able to cope with changing client needs and deliver successful results within agreed upon timeframes; must be detail oriented; and,
7. Strong references and be able to successfully pass criminal and security/background checks.
1. Additional health & safety training (i.e.: certificate in operating a defibulator) would be an asset.
2. Proficiency in multiple languages
We regret that due to the high volume of responses we will only be able to communicate with candidates whose qualifications and experience best match that are being sought for this position. We thank you for your interest in Downing Street Property Management and we wish you every success with your employment search.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.50 to $19.00 /hour