Location: KW Campus and Freeport Campus
Work Type: Temporary Full Time. Possibility for permanent.
Contract End Date: December 31, 2021
Shift: Non Union
The successful candidate will be required to perform reviews for eligibility of short term disability, assist with the management of sick leave attendance and manage short leave cases, as well as long term disability. Working with the Occupational Health Nurses the incumbent will manage return to work plans, offer support to staff who are off on sick leave and support them in a return to their duties. In addition, work with external service providers in the management of employees who are off from work due to illness/injury is also required.
- Support the Occupational Health & Safety team with administration of the Hospitals of Ontario Disability Insurance Plan
- Support management and department leaders in application of attendance management and disability management policies and procedures
- Liaise as needed with HR, employee relations, compensation and benefits, payroll, HRIS Analyst and centralized scheduling
- Provide administrative support functions to attendance management program and disability management claims process
- Communicate payable benefit eligibility information to employees
- Interact in a positive and professional manner with the external partners and with employees at all levels of the organization
- Contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Disability Management, Human Resources, Health Sciences or equivalent
- Preference will be given to candidates with related work experience of five years or greater
- Certification in case management, NIDMAR – or working toward this, is preferred
- Sound knowledge of legislation such as OHRC, OHSA, ESA
- Microsoft Office experience is required; experience working with Excel spreadsheets is required
- Computer knowledge and/or experience related to HRIS system, ParkLane, Kronos, Access, and Crystal is preferred
- Must demonstrate strong problem-solving and analytical thinking skills, and have a proven commitment to customer service
- Accurate database entry experience along with an understanding of, and experience in, maintaining the integrity of a large database
- Ability to complete assigned duties with minimal supervision and to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Proven ability to troubleshoot employee and manager concerns effectively
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and diplomacy
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of the Occupational Health & Safety team as well as independently
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills and attention to detail
- Experience with and knowledge of the administration of collective agreements and respective legislation would be an asset
APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
Please include a resume with your application in order to ensure that your qualifications are appropriately considered in the hiring process.
Grand River Hospital is committed to providing and fostering a respectful, accessible and inclusive workplace for all employees, free from violence and harassment.
Upon individual request, the hospital will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact the Recruitment Specialist for assistance.