Minto Explorations Ltd is a Yukon based mining company that operates the Minto copper, gold underground mine. It is located 240 kilometres north of Whitehorse along the Klondike Highway. We have a dynamic fast paced environment with satellite offices in Whitehorse and Calgary.
We are looking for people with dynamic skill sets and strong work ethic to be part of our team!
We are looking for (4) full-time temporary Core Cutter for a 6-month contract. The role will be based at the Minto mine, which is a camp-based operation with a two-week on/two-week off rotation.
The Ideal Candidates will have;
· 1 year of related work experience;
· Have experience using ATVs considered an asset;
· Have experience using a Tool Cat is an asset;
· Must possess a valid driver’s licence;
· Self-motivated and an ability to work on your own and as member of a team amid shifting priorities;
· Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships;
· Ability to work with a diverse cross-cultural workforce;
· Physically fit to perform the duties of the position.
· Participate in Daily Safety Meetings when onsite and comply with all Health, Safety, and Environmental Regulations, Corporate Policies and Procedures;
· Cutting diamond drill core;
· Valid the identification of the drilling boxes and the corresponding footage;
· Mark and cut the drilling core;
· Bagged and prepare samples to be sent to the laboratory;
· Lift and handle drill boxes (22kg);
· Verify that the quality control protocol is respected;
· Inform the geology team of any problems in the sampling protocol;
· Make general maintenance of rock saws, sawmills and core shack;
· Handling, moving, storing of core boxes;
· Ensure compliance with established standards;
· Any other related tasks.
· Be an effective communicator in English (verbal and written) at all levels, including keeping your cross-shift and other team members always informed
· Participate in site-specific training;
· Comply with company standards, as well as Yukon Territory and Canadian federal standards;
· Other duties maybe assigned from time to time as required by the Company.
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract