Role title: EPAP Coordinator (Contractor)
Role Location: Calgary
Role Nature: Part-time / Contractor (this is not a full-time or employee/salaried role but may grow into one).
About the Company:
We are Ener-Controls Audit Services Inc.- established in 2011. We’ve delivered 8 years of success leading compliance audits for our oil and gas producer clients. Our Management led the rollout of the Enhanced Production Audit Program (EPAP) for the Alberta Energy Regulator and was involved in rollout with SK Energy and Resources.
We’re the only auditors trusted by both Regulators for these roles. Our growth is fast – and exciting – be a part of it!
Do you wake up every morning and say: “I can’t wait to get my hands on some EPAP backup”! Walking around downtown Calgary, do you ever stop by an office and go “I wonder how they’re mapping their fuel/flare/vent controls?”.
If so, our EPAP Coordinator role is a great fit for you.
You will lead our 50+ producer clients in their EPAP audit work. From proposal/approval to risk assessment, controls testing and Declaration filing. Initially, while training you will work on coordinating the A to Z EPAP annual effort for smaller, simpler clients. Your role will ultimately grow into a Team Lead/Supervisor role over all Ener-Controls EPAP and other audit work.
- Coordinate full-cycle EPAP Project execution for Ener-Controls clients.
- Maintain strong, positive and collaborative relationships with client EPAP contacts.
- Coordinate directly with clients to plan, quote required annual work and received approvals.
- Conduct facility and process-level risk assessments with client staff (field and PA).
- Review client list of EPAP controls and ensure controls worded accurately and in line with any changes to the client process.
- Engage with clients early in their EPAP year to identify and request all required EPAP backup.
- Conduct controls-based audits (and substantive audits on client request).
- Populate Petrinex with EPAP Declaration data.
- Coordinate Declaration signoff with client contacts.
- Liaise with regulators (Alberta AER and/or SK ER) through:
- Workflows directly related to the EPAP audit and
- On client request, workflows unrelated to the EPAP audit (e.g. related to PA work).
- Manage Ener-Controls Project Tracker sheet, meticulously documenting all project timelines and details including billing/invoicing.
- Assist with Special Projects and/or Business Development when needed.
This is a desk-based audit role. On rare occasions, a field trip may be required by the client. Travel time approximately 10-15%.
- Minimum 2-4 years of direct experience as an EPAP auditor/coordinator. Your experience must include gathering EPAP audit backup, conducting the audits, filing the Declarations and working directly with internal and external groups specifically on EPAP.
- Minimum 1-2 years either auditing or working in Production Accounting, Field Data Capture, Field Operations (e.g. metering, trucked procedures, schematics, etc.).
- Your experience can be desk or field-based.
- Must have a basic, functional understanding of Measurement/Reporting Directives (D/PNG 017, Directive 060, Directive 007, SK PNG017, BC OGC Directives, etc.
- Preference will be given to candidates with:
- practical experience with AER Directive 60 regulations related to Methane reduction (vent gas/fugitive emissions).
- Enrollment in or completion of CAPPA Certification.
- Enrollment in or completion of any SAIT or NAIT measurement-related certification. E.g.
SAIT Hydrocarbon Measurement Certificate of Achievement OR Field Operations Certificate of Achievement.
- Familiarity with IIA (Institute of Internal Auditor) standards and practices.
- As a contractor, the auditor must maintain, on their own cost, $2MM Commercial General Liability (CGL) and $250K Errors and Omissions (E&O) Insurance. No assistance will be offered under any circumstances.
$55 - $60 per hour or negotiable percent of revenue. Hired consultants will be given a choice as to hourly rate or percent of client budget/spend allocated to any given EPAP Project. If travel is required, the Consultant will bill Ener-Controls for travel costs (airfare, meals, hotel, etc.) over and above this amount.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $55.00 to $60.00 /hour
- direct experience auditing EPAP and filing EPAP Declarations: 2 years (Required)
- PA, Field Data Capture and Field Operations: 2 years (Required)
- CAPPA, CIA, CISA, or any Hydrocarbon Measurement (Preferred)