Nestlé is the world’s largest food and beverage company. We have over 2000 brands ranging from global icons to local favorites, and are present in 190 countries worldwide. In Canada, excelling means sharing our passion for our purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. It also means living up to our exemplary values which are rooted in respect for ourselves, others, diversity and the future. We will support your personal growth with a people-focused culture and a flexible and diverse working environment. Join our team to support our purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future.
Business areas: Nestlé Canada
Job title: Quality Assurance Analyst
Location: Sterling Factory
Job Grade: 10
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to be based at our Sterling Rd Factory reporting into the Quality Assurance Team Leader. The QA Specialist is responsible for evaluating sensory data and implementing sensory programs to assist in the final release of products ensuring the factory’s standards are maintained, analytical testing, lab management, and allergen testing and ensuring the factory maintains a peanut-free environment in accordance with the Factory’s Nut-free program.
A day in the life of a Quality Assurance Analyst
- Co-ordinate the IN/OUT sensory tests for the release of packaging, semi-finished and finished products, as well as Keeping Quality Tests and Consumer Complaints samples.
- Evaluate sensory data and implement programs as required to ensure factory’s standard are maintain
- Update SOPs and QMS for packaging materials and sensory program
- Coordinate samples for contaminant testing and ensure that all tests are executed yearly according to the contaminant testing schedule
- Connect with Central Facilities and Sensory Network to remain current on sensory techniques
- Ensure panel is trained according to requirements and performance are routinely assessed.
- Keeping quality tests are performed according to schedule.
- Inform management of all quality deviations and participate in corrective action as required
- Maintain and update laboratory procedures in compliance with Nestlé standards
- Recruit and train site personnel to develop sensory skills ensuring maintenance of an effective sensory panel
- Manage the quality release of all packaging materials
- Manage analytical lab, conduct all analytical testing as requested and according to QMS, complete calibrations of all equipment listed on analytical ICP. Tests include particle size determination by Malvern, % fat determination by NMR, % moisture determination by Karl Fisher titration, viscosity testing, sieve testing, peanut test
- Ensure that In-process, Work-in-Process, and finished products are tested for peanuts prior to product release
- Conduct Consumer Complaint Investigations
- Constantly promote continuous improvement of quality systems and products
- Ensure compliance with Nestlé Quality Management System (NQMS), ISO 22000, and Quality Policy
- Perform duties in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirement
What will make you successful
As the successful candidate, you will be the champion for the brand throughout the organisation so you will need to be passionate, tenacious, results focused and really enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment. You will also:
• Flexibility to work various shifts/weekends including travel when required
- University degree in Food Science or relevant discipline
- 1-2 years experience in food manufacturing or processing
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills; Able to communicate information clearly and concisely
- Proven problem solving, and administrative skills; attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively
We have a friendly, supportive team with a coaching and mentoring environment. There are real opportunities for future development and progression – this really could be a move towards the exciting opportunity to drive strategy and build a Quality Assurance career with the leader in Food & Beverage.
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé including a comprehensive total rewards benefits package including Health and Dental benefits that start on day one as well as a Company matched retirement savings plan, Excellent training and development programs as well as opportunities to grow within the company.
The closing date for applications is October 25, 2021. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.