The Vancouver Infectious Diseases Centre (VIDC) is a medical and research centre that uses a multidisciplinary care model for the delivery of specialty health care providing expert, state-of-the art diagnosis and treatment of chronic infectious diseases and related conditions (including addiction and pain management), with a focus on HIV and HCV infections. VIDC particularly seeks to engage more vulnerable patients in a multi-disciplinary environment of health care. We provide peer-friendly education about disease, state-of-the-art antiviral medications and comprehensive support during and after treatment within an open, flexible and community-based holistic approach. Services are provided in English and French.
Job Responsibilities and Description:
VIDC is seeking a dynamic individual to support our patient engagement initiatives in a multidisciplinary medical and research centre. A great candidate will be enthusiastic, self-motivated and confident to work in an energetic and a compassionate team.
Clinical Trial/ Clinical Research:
- Screening and recruitment of subjects
- Maintaining screening logs, enrollment logs and study related source documentation
- Informed consent process as per guideline
- Supporting of subject and significant others
- Maintaining study subject binders
- Development and maintenance of trial specific paperwork/source documents
- Planning and booking subject’s protocol-related tests/ investigations/ appointments as required
- Performing subject visits and all study related procedures following the specific protocol of the trial
- Ensuring laboratory and other medical reports are reviewed and evaluated by either the PI or one of the sub-Is
- Reporting adverse/ serious adverse events to PI and trial sponsor
- Updating recruitment data
- Attending research/investigator meetings
- Updating other research staff regarding the progress of clinical trials
- Completion of Case Report Forms (CRFs) and Data Query/ Clarification Forms (DQ/|CFs)
- Storage of study related supplies within a locked secure placement
- Storage of study medications and documentation of study drug accountability and reconciliation
- Ongoing communication with Sponsor and prompt response to any study related information required by the Sponsor
- Participating in Interim Monitoring Visits (IMV) with the Clinical Trial Monitor and responding to study related queries within timely fashion
- Maintaining IATA dangerous good shipment certification
- Shipping laboratory samples to appropriate laboratories in accordance to IATA dangerous good shipment procedures
- Ensuring that GCP training is up to date
- Maintaining trial specific paperwork by regular filing of trial related documents
- Assisting subjects with study specific visits, arranging meals and scheduling appointments with healthcare providers for MRI, CT scans etc.
- Liaising/communicating with trial sponsors, subjects, health-care providers etc.
- Ensuring that all laboratory materials such as lab kits, requisitions and shipping supplies are kept in sufficient supply
Job Type: Full-time
- Clinical Research: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)