The Data Engineer is responsible for partnering with business and technical stakeholders to design, build, maintain and monitor the data infrastructure to support analytics, reporting and data science initiatives. This can include building ETL/ELT processes and data pipelines, designing business focused data warehouse schemas, monitoring for data quality issues or pipeline disruptions, as well as looking for areas of opportunity to improve performance.
This role will report into the VP Engineering. This is a full-time position located in our San Diego office.
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborate with business analysts, data scientists and appropriate stakeholders to improve existing data models that support internal reporting, analytics, business intelligence and data science initiatives, with the goal of increasing data accessibility.
- Work with data driven teams to understand business requirements for new projects.
- Design and build ETL/ELT processes and data pipelines.
- Collaborate with our DevOps and Development teams to deploy data pipelines and content to production, following CI/CD processes.
- Monitor data pipelines and tables for data quality and implement fixes when necessary.
- Support Business Analysts by building automated processes for timely and highly available reports.
- Champion best practices in coding and data governance, such as clean coding, maintaining data dictionaries, catalog data definitions and standards etc.
- A proven problem solver who enjoys building something from the ground up
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A team player who enjoys collaboration and bringing out the best in those around them
- Hand on experience in AWS cloud, Serverless and Microservice architectures
- Experience developing distributed cloud applications using C#, Python or other programming languages
- CI/CD experience with BitBucket, CodeDeploy, Teamcity etc.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other STEM field, or comparable combination of education, training and experience.
- 3+ years of experience with AWS Cloud Services
- AWS Associate Solutions Architect
- AWS Data certifications (Data Analytics Specialty, Database Specialty, Machine Learning Specialty)
Hear from the Trulioo Technology team about advancing your career by clicking here!
Working at Trulioo
Studies show that minorities and members of underrepresented groups apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Trulioo encourages everyone interested in a role to apply. We look forward to your application!