Set Initial Text
Play a lead role in shaping Canada's first city.
Work with a dynamic team of public service professionals in enhancing our community's quality of life and achieving high standards of service performance and management of infrastructure assets.
Live in a community with opportunities for families and youth; surrounded by salt and fresh water, abundant nature, affordable housing, history-lined streets, quality dining and shopping, and a vibrant arts and cultural scene!
Live in a part of Canada where people value the importance of enjoying these things and having a challenging career .
The Front Desk will be the single (physical) point of contact for the public visiting the PEEL Plaza police facility.
Under the general supervision of the Information Services Coordinator, the position is responsible for general reception and administration duties for the Saint John Police Force as outlined in the Standard Operating Guidelines.
ILLUSTRATED EXAMPLES OF WORK
- General reception duties including maintenance of visitor access control based upon adopted procedures.
- Act as first point of contact with visitors (persons not in custody), manages the access of visitors to the facility using established procedures.
- Liaises with various internal divisions/units to respond to visitor needs, such as criminal record check, fingerprints, interviews, taxi licences, etc.
- Distribute criminal record check letters and other documentation left with front desk by internal staff for pick-up by members of the public.
- As required, processing of civil fingerprints relating to criminal record checks.
- Liaises with external agencies (DOJ, RCMP, Parole) with respect to directing visitors using established principles.
- If required, monitors CTV and reports any unusual or criminal activity based upon established principles.
- Provide and control access to the multi-purpose room or other meeting areas in the lobby area.
- Control access to washrooms in lobby area.
- Organizes mail by division/unit for pick up.
- If required, monitors and responds to intercom from loading dock area.
- Assist property control staff with shipping/receiving as required.
- Answers the Saint John Police Force Administration line (3200, 3201).
- Uses computer, H T E related applications, and general office equipment.
- Orders office supplies and maintains stationery stockroom.
- Performs general office duties as required including keyboarding, photocopying, and filing.
THE ABOVE “ILLUSTRATED EXAMPLES OF WORK” DO NOT REFLECT THE FULL SCOPE OF DUTIES AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Keyboarding Skills of at least 35 WPM.
Must be security cleared.
A proficiency in French (Intermediate) as per the Province of New Brunswick Oral Proficiency Rating Scale.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
The successful candidate must possess a diploma in Office Administration from NBCC or Business Certificate 1 from UNB, or an equivalent program.