Minken Employment Lawyers is a specialty employment law boutique that has been providing expert legal services for over 30 years on a full range of workplace issues to employees, employers, law firms, corporate counsel and human resource departments. Our firm uses a strong teamwork approach and considers every member of the staff to be an integral part of our operations.
We are looking for an individual with core skills in a customer/client care service and/or HR field with strong emphasis on the customer service and will:
- Have at least 5+ years of professional client/customer service experience;
- Education in HR or legal administration is an asset;
- Need to maintain high level of standards, demeanor and poise, discretion, confidentiality, written and oral communication skills, compassion and positive attitude towards people;
- Possess superior organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail;
- Be a reliable, punctual and hardworking individual, with a strong ability to prioritize, who enjoys and excels working in a fast-paced professional environment;
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications with demonstrated expertise in Word, Outlook, Excel (working knowledge of PowerPoint is an asset);
- Have a positive attitude towards continuing education, advancing skills and adapting to new responsibilities;
- Knowledge of PCLaw and ACL is an asset.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Superior client care by telephone and in person from initial contact through end of representation and beyond, managing telephone, email and in person queries, being fully familiar with client base, monitoring intake processes and responding as appropriate or ensuring that all communications are addressed in a timely manner;
- Coordinating facilities maintenance and administration of the firm, arranging internal and external meetings, booking meeting rooms, facilitating refreshments, coordinating attendance with other participants, both internal and external; maintain firm’s communication and mailing record systems by updating contact and billing information records in the firm’s systems, and any and all client relating and business development activities as required;
- Administrative and executive assistance to the lawyers, clerks, office manager and consultants;
- Legal file related assistance in opening, closing and maintaining files in accordance with LSO requirements and internal office procedures (copying, assembling, scanning legal documents).
Some Additional Responsibilities include:
- Researching and downloading cases in preparation for internal meetings or upon request using various legal research sources;
- Legal accounting data input, billings and payment processing tasks (knowledge of PCLaw is an asset) and accounts receivables;
- Coordinating IT support with providers, equipment administration and managing of supplies;
- Assisting with, coordinating and booking business development and marketing events, maintaining a database of referral sources, inventory of business development items (business cards, promotional materials, presentation folders), assisting and coordinating business development initiatives and projects etc.;
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Please apply to Natasha Krestinina, Office Manager. Kindly provide a cover letter, a resume, recent copies of educational transcripts, and references. Only potential applicants selected for an interview in person or by telephone will be contacted. www.MinkenEmploymentLawyers.com
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Customer Service: 5 years (Required)
- Admin Assistant: 5 years (Required)
- Legal or Professional Office: 3 years (Preferred)