What you will do:
Participate as a team member using AutoCAD/Revit working closely with designers and engineers in the technical development of construction documents for institutional and commercial building projects.
- Drafting/modeling of HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, fire alarm, and electrical systems from red to black mark-ups.
- Responsible for implementation of JCI (TYCO) Design AutoCAD/Revit standards.
- Responsible for back checking own work.
- Coordinate and work directly with engineers on projects.
- Project support including copying, scanning, filing, printing, e-mailing and organizing of plans for shipment.
- Training staff, troubleshoot and change manage the software through transition and the months following implementation.
- Work closely with Project teams to manage and maintain various project Revit models, build the Revit Library and Templates, and assist in the development and expansion of BIM capabilities within the office.
- Identify and resolve opportunities around model-management to optimize performance and user-experience.
- Develop quality protocols and standards, stay current and establish, communicate, and interpret changes in best practices, protocols, and other related matters including how other software interacts with Revit.
- Recognize the degree and complexity of a project and develop the right design technology to optimize project performance as well as support an integrated efficient project delivery framework.
- Respond to general design technology support requests within the studio and for associated projects.
What we look for:
- Associate of Applied Science, Computer Drafting and Design or minimum of 5+ years of experience in a project-specific BIM/digital design role of all phases of design and delivery.
- Efficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiar with drafting or modeling picking up mark-ups, red to black.
- Possess a good work ethic and be efficient in job duties.
- Able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Willing to work extra hours above 40 hours a week when necessary to meet project deadlines and client demands.
- 5+ years of experience in a project-specific BIM/digital design role of all phases of design and delivery.
- Experience with software implementation, releases and ongoing management
- Experience and strength in training, troubleshooting and sharing knowledge with the end-user.
- Ability to provide excellent, consistent service to internal and external clients in a supportive and professional manner.
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk Revit Architecture.
- Familiarity with design applications such as AutoCAD, NAVIS, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate, identify and troubleshoot problems and recognize alternative actions.
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadian subsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rights legislation and, in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). When requested, accommodations will be provided throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. To request an accommodation please click here. Information you provide relating to accommodation measures will be handled confidentially. A copy of Johnson Controls’ applicable AODA policies are available on the Company website for your reference, and can be made available in accessible formats upon request.
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions