Position Summary and Job Magnitude
The Off-Campus Housing Coordinator oversees all aspects of the building operations including: tenant relations, lease signing, office administration, housekeeping, maintenance, finance, and staff development. The Off-Campus Housing Coordinator must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and demonstrate leadership. The Off-Campus Housing Coordinator must be able to delegate responsibilities, organize projects, and establish priorities consistent with company objectives.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Maintain and control operational revenues and expenses
- Ensure that all collection and control procedures are followed relating to accounts receivable
- Ensure monthly and other requested reporting is completed accurately and on time
Sales and Marketing
- Oversee Sales & Marketing initiatives as it relates to lease agreements and tenants
- Assess and develop target markets
- Provide direction for direct marketing initiatives for maximizing tenant occupancy
- Ensure the Property Marketing Plan and vision is up to date and fits with your current market area
- Creation and implementation of internal sales promotions for maximizing tenant occupancy
- Direct and supervise, maintaining strong communication with all staff members and internal departments at the property.
- Ensure legislated policies are followed, including Health & Safety
- Maintain a detailed “Log” to communicate to others
- Ensure that a Complaint Log is utilized to properly document complaints and responses
- Organizing the office to ensure all files and information are easily found
- Coordinate policy changes as they are released corporately.
- Ensures that that the safety, well being, and concerns of all tenants are being met in a respectful and efficient manner
- Ensures that all required tenant documentation is received
- Inspect the properties regularly to determine required repairs, maintenance and capital improvements
- Monitor maintenance costs and compliance on contracts
- Approval of all maintenance and repairs with vendors, and ensure that the property is being taken care of at all times
- Responsible for the overall esthetic condition of the property (both interior and exterior) ensuring that snow removal and landscaping is being properly carried out
- Ensures that the property departments are well organized
- Understands their legal standings in all situations
- Ensures that all information requests and documents are dealt with immediately
- Any other duty as assigned by a Supervisor, Director or Executive Committee member
- Meet tight deadlines
- Adapt to new ideas and emerging situations
- Ability to deal with high stress situations
- Creative problem solving
- Strong understanding of the residential and condominium markets
- Strong foundation in leasing & lease negotiations
- Knowledgeable on the Residential Tenancy Act (RTA)
Health & Safety
- Ensuring equipment, materials and protective devices are used properly and in a safe manner.
- Providing information, instruction and supervision to employees to protect the health and safety of the employees.
- Providing (upon request), in a medical emergency, information in the possession of the employer, including confidential business information to a legally qualified medical practitioner, and to such other persons as may be required by law.
- Providing all employees with training with regards to all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Affording assistance and cooperation to the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) or a Health and Safety Representative (HSR) in the carrying out of their functions.
- Taking every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of an employee.
- Responding in writing within 21 days to any health and safety recommendations submitted by the JHSC or HSR.
- Posting all required legislative Health & Safety documents
- Where prescribed, providing an employee with written instructions as to the measures and procedures taken for their own protection, and carrying out such training programs for workers, supervisors and committee members as needed.
- Conducting a formal workplace inspection bi-annually.
- Identifying substandard acts or conditions and taking necessary steps to ensure corrective action.
- Ensuring that all scheduled health and safety training sessions are carried out and completed according to the training timetable.
- Creating a work environment that holds zero tolerance on violence and harassment in the workplace.
- Conducting Incident Investigations and reviewing all forms and ensuring these are discussed at management meetings.
- Performing observations of employee safe work practices during semi-annual workplace inspections and celebrating positive safety performance.
Performance will be primarily measured on the following factors:
- Performance Objectives
- Inter-Personal Skills
- Business & Financial Acumen
- Self Development and Appraisal
- Health & Safety Responsibilities
Recognized College Diploma or University Degree
Must possess verbal and written communication skills
Must possess decision making ability
Must be able to handle multiple projects at once
Must be able to provide leadership to staff
Minimum of 2 years industry experience or equivalent administrative experience
Please note this position has an expected salary range of $35,000-$45,000 per annum.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Campus Living Centres policy to promote equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Campus Living Centres does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status or sexual orientation. Campus Living Centres prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the grounds listed above. This applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and promotion.
If you require accommodation in order to successfully submit an application, please email us to make your accommodation request at email@example.com