This position is for Cosma Assembly Technology, a division of Cosma International.
Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world‘s premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to our customers. Our pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
Cosma Assembly Technology focuses on the development of high-detail assembly process designs in both 2D and 3D environments. Our expertise in welding, adhesives, hemming, lean, ergonomics, logistics, robotics and automation are applied to a variety of body in white products such as "A" class, underbody assemblies and structural components. We employ engineers and techincal trades people who work together to author and improve assembly systems throughout Cosma International. Our software tools include 3D CAD Design, 3D Robotic Simulation, Discrete Event Throughput Simulation, Human Simulation, Industrial Sequencing as well as Traditional Visualization Packages
- Development and Preparation of system and manufacturing concepts (build sequences), layout design, cycle time charts, capacity and efficiency calculation and working station documentation
- Development and improvements of standard manufacturing cells, processes and concepts for assembly system including Logistics and Quality
- Support of GD&T / Tolerance Studies, Clamping Plans and development of P-FMEA documentation
- Support of change management for process and quotes
- Support of continuous improvement for Corporate Assembly Standards
- Development and support of Cosma process engineers in facilities located globally
- Support of Project Managers and Division Production Teams
- Continuously adhere to and apply the Magna Employee’s Charter, the Magna Corporate Constitution, and the Cosma Way of Thinking in all aspects of position and interaction with others
- Understands and follows established rules, procedures and policies relating to position
- Ensure a safe working environment by observing safe work practices and by following all safety policies and procedures
- Appreciate and maintain proper level of confidentiality
- Other duties may be assigned
- Required to follow health, safety and environmental regulations specified in the Employee Handbook as well as any rules or standards otherwise specified by OSHA or MIOSHA or any other government regulations.
- Expected to exercise caution in all work activities and report any unsafe conditions, injuries, or near misses to the appropriate supervisor.
Knowledge and Education
- Post-Secondary education e.g. technical school, college, university or special studies
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Chassis and Body-In-White Welding and fixture design experience
- Min. (5) years’ work experience in automotive assembly and SPOT/GMAW welding
- Advanced GD&T knowledge and interpretation
- Excellent English skills (fluent in spoken and written, presentation skills)
- Proficiency in ACAD, MS Office is required
- Experience with Spin Fire, Vis View, MS Project and asset
- Experience with 3D Process Software an asset
- Excellent understanding of 3D CAD design
- German and Spanish Written & Spoken Language an asset
- Flexibility and willingness to travel globally and have valid travel documents
- Excellent leadership skills, self motivated, team player