This role focuses on the preparation and presentation of both meats and seafood for sale with abundant, appealing, fresh looking displays. This is also a very service-orientated position providing courteous, friendly, knowledgeable and legendary service to customers and team members.
Job Type / Category
- Equipment maintenance and safe workplace, sanitation systems in place and followed.
- Maintain food safety standards and all company procedures to ensure food safety.
- Ensure accurate retail pricing and signage.
- Ensure sampling program being followed daily.
- Informed of new products introduced and share with the customers.
- Ensure back areas and coolers well maintained, organized and dated.
- Assist in monthly inventory.
- Demonstrate proper use, care and maintenance of equipment.
- Break, trim, bone, cut, scrape and platter various cuts of meat and seafood.
- Skewer meat, poultry items for kabobs.
- Grind meats with temperature tracking.
- Perform other duties delegated by team leaders and store leaders.
- Superior knowledge of primal cuts.
- Knowledge and experience with inventories, statements, margin and labor controls.
- Knowledge of cooking techniques for various cuts and product.
- Passion for fresh foods.
- Customer service orientated, and likes to create great experiences.
- Self-motivated and problem solver.
- Math skills.
- Familiar with digi scale operation considered an assetQualifications: Some previous meat cutting experience is considered an asset.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Required flexible availability (including evenings and weekends)
- Previous butcher/meat cutting experience OR
- Food Safety Mini Course & WHIMIS certification is preferred
Just like finishing a hard day's work on the farm, working at Sunterra will provide you with a sense of ownership, pride and the satisfaction of a job well done. You'll feel a sense of belonging when you join our growing Sunterra family as well as a sense of fulfillment as Full time and part-time Team Members will receive a discount of 50% off selected prepared foods when enjoyed in-store (these items vary by location).
The seeds of Sunterra took root on the Price family farm over forty years ago in Acme, AB. With gratitude for land that has been in their family for decades, the Price family decided to name their company after the very things that helped nourish their business - the sun and the earth - and Sunterra was born.
Roll up your sleeves and apply today!
Job Type: Full-time
- Meat Cutting: 3 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)