Clearwater Farms is an early stage vertical farm, specializing in growing micro greens. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, our mission is to optimize and commercialize the growing process for select micro greens on a large scale. Our company is rapidly growing and incredibly ambitious.
About The Position:
We’re looking for an ambitious Grow Room Manager for a long-term project, with growth potential (no pun intended). Preferable farming/growing experience or in at least a strong interest in plant science. The Grow Room Manager will be responsible for all ongoing operations of the grow room facility, from seed to delivery. We value honesty and hard work.
What You Will Do:
- Execute and manage overall grow room operations and procedures.
- Organize and execute planting, cultivating and crop harvesting activities.
- Organize, coordinate and optimize irrigation, pest, disease and weed control procedures.
- Coordinate with research and development team to collect data on agreed upon schedule.
- Maintain financial records of growing activities.
- Purchase grow room supplies, as necessary.
- Maintain grow room machinery, equipment and facility.
- Document all operating procedures and provide feedback.
- Timely reporting to management.
- Coordinate and ensure the grow room operates in compliance with company policies, all applicable public laws and regulatory requirements, including but not limited to Environment, Employment, and Health and Safety regulations.
- Assists in planning, developing and implementing farm strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the Company.
- Brainstorm improvements, efficiencies and avenues of growth for the Company.
What You bring:
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business, Engineering, Science, or related course of study
- Experience in a grow room facility and in particular experience with micro greens is preferred
- Experience with field data collection in small plot trials is preferred
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot problems, and maintain seedlings and equipment
- General construction skills are considered an asset
- Experience with growing equipment operation, maintenance and repair
- Flexible schedule: available to work day, night and weekends as required
- Clean criminal record
Who You Are:
- Honest, hardworking and extremely motivated to succeed
- Flexible, as farming and growing can be unpredictable
- Results-oriented and self-motivated
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Gmail, google sheets, etc.)
- Excellent time management skills
- Handyman/woman skill set
- An exceptional team player with enthusiasm, a positive, “can-do” attitude, and the confidence to communicate your ideas
- Powered to join a small, but mighty team
- Long-term focus and commitment, 5-10 years
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)