PURPOSE OF POSITION**
PV Labs is engaged in the design, development and commercialization of high-technology products and services for application in the Public Safety sector for airborne stabilization and imaging. The Program Manager plays a critical role by leading the company in planning, coordinating, executing and reporting of approved programs / contracted orders through the utilization of an augmented agile development process for electromechanical systems including design and development of mechanical hardware, electrical components software and custom logic devices. We are seeking a highly capably individual with a background in aerospace design and development to lead new projects within our team.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Functional (Direct Reporting):
Program Management Office
Matrix (Indirect Reporting):
The Program Manager represents the customer within PV Labs and is responsible for communicating and executing on current and future customer needs. They are accountable for the successful execution of assigned programs including booked orders, contracts and internally funded development programs. The function / role of the program manager within the company is to support and enable business and organizational objectives and strategies by ensuring timely, effective, and efficient execution of contracted/approved orders through the application of best practice project management processes and techniques. Successful execution of the role within the PV Labs matrix structure includes the communication, and translation of booked / contracted orders into well-defined deliverables / tasks. It also requires effective reporting and analysis of scope, cost, schedule and risks to the organization and customers.
The Program Manager has a high level of authority, responsibly, and accountability as it applies to the areas of expertise defined in the provided job description.
The expectations for you as a Program Manager and teammate include but are not limited to the following:
- Ask questions, understand where the company is going and how your role is an integral part of our collective success
- To be an expert in your craft; endeavour to identify and improve yourself, your teammates, and the company through training and mentorship for areas that you see as weak within the organization
- To be personally accountable for the state of all project schedules, costs and delivery timelines and work tirelessly to identify methods for improving schedules and deliveries with engineering and operations
- To strive for excellence with, and to be a champion of the tools we use
- To develop best practices and department standards and ensure they're being strictly followed
- To consistently recommend ideas for continuous improvement
- To actively aim to improve PV Labs in general.
- To serve as the inner council to all members of the Program Office, Business Development, Finance and Operations as a trusted lifeline to the state and status of all project schedules.
This function will include the following specific responsibilities:
- Ensure customer satisfaction on booked / contracted orders by keeping customers aware of program status, deliverable status and any changes or activities that may affect the contract. The Program Manager is the customer advocate within the organization.
- Manage the scope, cost, and schedule of all booked / contracted orders; ensuring that all contracted deliverables and terms are fully and successfully executed upon and that all Contracted Line Items (CLINs) are delivered on time and on budget.
- Manage the activities, personnel, and budget of assigned the Programs and Projects by liaising with Engineering and participating in Sprint Planning and Prioritization
- Set, approve, communicate and manage organizational priorities within approved programs.
- The Program Management Office is responsible for long term planning and project priorities to meet program objectives.
- Maintain and regularly report to peers and senior management upon technical, contractual, financial and schedule status, risks and issues.
- Ensure that programs are adequately resourced and understood including.
- Where personnel and other resources are assigned to a program team, manage the activities of those personnel / resources through Sprint planning and Scrum while ensuring they continue to use department processes and practices.
- Where tasks are assigned from the program team to a department, ensure the taskings are fully understood and appropriately resourced.
- Maintain and report program revenue, cost, and cash forecasts, including the skyline, and invoice schedule for all booked / contracted orders.
- Coordinate contract invoicing by ensuring that all invoice milestones are understood and executed upon, and once achieved that they trigger timely and accurate customer invoicing.
- Support business development, bidding and sales activities on forecast / pre-booked orders as defined and requested by business development
- Lead the company in the development and application of industry best practices in the areas of program and project management.
- Ensure the program management function is fully integrated into the PVL business model through ongoing communication and collaboration with all other departments and functions.
- Assume secondary responsibilities in other functional areas as may be periodically be assigned by supervisor.Qualifications:
- 5-10 years working within multidisciplinary engineering teams
- 2-3 years in a project or program manager role
- Project Management Institute accreditation or a desire to achive this accreditation
- Knowledge of PMI core principles is essential
- Understanding and knowledge of the Agile Development Process
- Engineering Degree from an accredited University
- Ability to be registered for Canadian Controlled Goods Program
- Ability to work on NATO Secret Projects and programs
- Ability to travel internationally as required (< 10%)
Job Type: Full-time