Applications are being received for the Full-Time position of Repair and Maintenance Technician for our GTA and Southwestern Ontario stores. This position is responsible for the ongoing repair and general maintenance of all Farm Boy facilities in their designated area, and for routine inspections of Farm Boy Stores, reporting any issues to their Manager. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all employees, customers and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy vision, mission, and the Farm Boy Way.
- Perform scheduled inspections of stores and complete checklist of Repair and Maintenance items (lighting, lose panel/trim, shopping cart repairs/cleaning, condenser cleaning, wall patching, painting, door adjustments and window cleaning).
- Perform Preventative Maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Complete all scheduled work orders or report reason for non-compliance.
- Perform scheduled repairs and installations as required.
- Assist in the set-up of new stores and renovations.
- Close completed work orders in the system.
- Purchase / sign out parts as required.
- Perform emergency response as required.
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2-3 years of experience in building repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of repair and maintenance processes, equipment and materials.
- Good computer skills. CMMS experience an asset.
- Good time management and priority setting skills.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- High standards of cleanliness and order.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to climb ladder and use general maintenance tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Must be bondable and possess proper safety footwear.
- Flexible as to hours and days of work with the ability to travel.
- Certification in CPR/First Aid would be an asset.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time