In search of industrial sewing machine operators for a busy manufacturing company located in the Finch and Markham area.
Full time position Monday through Friday ( occasional Saturdays)
$14 per hour to start
Job description and Responsibilities:
- Sewing garments in production based on cutting schedule and delivery timelines
- Work on all sewing machines as needed to help move production forward – including the ability to adjust for fabric in production
- Work with the Sewing Coordinator as needed, to cut and sew samples and create the sewing steps for production
- Identify sample and pattern challenges or changes
- Ability to operate all sewing machines – single needle, serge, coverstitch and binding a must
The Sewing Assistant is responsible for assisting the Sewing Coordinator in all areas of production and sampling as required.
- The Sewing Assistant will work closely with the Sewing Coordinator to cut and sew samples, work in all areas of the factory as needed and have the ability to set up and operate more than 3 different types of machines.
- The Sewing Assistant will also fill in for the Sewing Coordinator during vacation or time away.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Sewing Machine Operator: 1 year (Required)