RiskCheck Inc. is an Environmental, Health and Safety risk management company. Our client base includes property management companies, property owners, REITs, pension funds, retail owners, schools, residential landlords, financial institutions, recreational facilities, municipalities and manufacturing centres. Learn more about us at www.riskcheckinc.com
Project Manager, Environmental Due Diligence
RiskCheck is seeking a Project Manager to work out of our Toronto office. The PM will work closely with the Manager, Environmental Due Diligence to complete Phase I ESAs, Phase II ESAs and Remediation projects. The candidate must have approximately 5 years of progressive environmental consulting experience and the candidate must be able to start in about February 2020.
- Oversee and complete all activities associated with environmental site assessments (ESAs) including but not limited to Phase I ESAs, Phase II ESAs, Remediation projects.
- Monitors and manages cost and time associated with projects.
- Develop proposals (work plan, cost estimate), coordinate all phases of the work, and setup projects.
- Supervise and manage field staff and subcontractors as well as perform field activities.
- Reviewing and interpreting laboratory analytical reports.
- Preparing technical reports on completed field investigations, Phase I and II ESAs, remediations, etc.
- Proven ability to maintain existing client relationships and identifying opportunities for new business relationships (existing contacts/relationships an asset).
- Managing the financial aspects of project work, including budgeting and invoicing.
- Contributes to internal procedures as part of dynamic, fast paced environmental consulting company.
- Participate in BD and marketing presentations and events, as needed.
- Travel throughout Ontario and possibly out of province.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Engineering (chemical, environmental, civil, geotechnical), geology, soil science, environmental science or a related field is preferred.
- About 5 years of progressive environmental consulting experience in environmental site assessments is required, at least 1 year of which should include project management experience. Experience in Hazardous building materials assessments will be considered an asset.
- Experience with environmental regulations, guidelines and standards in Ontario. Knowledge and experience and the ability to interpret environmental regulations, guidelines and standards in other jurisdictions in Canada will be considered an asset.
- Experience in conducting and managing Phase II ESAs and contaminated site investigations (soil and groundwater sampling, borehole drilling, monitoring well installation, field methods such as low flow groundwater sampling, field preservation, collecting quality control samples).
- Experience in completing and managing Phase I ESAs.
- Experience with municipal RFPs will be an asset.
- Experience in supervision of contractors (drillers, excavators, locators, other consultants).
- Strong verbal communication, technical writing skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, within tight timelines, and within existing budgets.
- Excellent internal and client communications skills.
- Excellent project management and team management skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and decision-making abilities.
- Strong technical ability with AutoCAD is an asset.
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications, including but limited to Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in borehole logging programs.
- Valid drivers' licence is required. Applicant must own their own vehicle.
- Dynamic, outgoing, and ability to develop and maintain positive client relationships.
- Competitive salary
- Group benefits package
- Professional development
- Corporate gym membership,
- Work/life balance
- Other benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Group benefits package
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply with a covering letter and resume in PDF form by January 31, 2020. We appreciate interest in the position, but only selected candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Project Management: 1 year (Required)
- environmental consulting: 5 years (Required)
- completing and managing Phase I & II ESAs.: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Driver's Licence (Required)