Sales Representative (Downtown Toronto)
Note: this role is an initial 6 month contract
Arla Foods Inc., a leading and growing manufacturer and importer of everyday and Specialty cheeses, with International market dominance, has an exciting opportunity for a results-driven Sales Representative who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. With almost 60 years of heritage innovating Tre Stelle and Castello cheeses, Arla has a solid reputation for manufacturing Quality products that hold leading positions across its brand categories.
To effectively manage the total customer relationship within an assigned territory, executing the customer business sales strategy to achieve the agreed upon revenue and volume targets, while committing to continuous improvement.
The selected candidate will be perform the role of a Sales Representative while servicing customer accounts in Downtown Toronto area.
- Understands and executes against the Arla Foods Retail Call Procedure
- Works to understand customer needs (consumer, financial, operational) through effective use of probing questions
- Understands and utilizes the Arla Selling Process by properly opening the dialogue, communicating features, advantages & benefits, while questioning and demonstrating active listening
- Understands and strives to achieve the Arla Perfect Store Standards in each customer through maximizing distribution, facings, holding power, shelf location, product integrity checks, incremental displays and POS usage
- Set and document ”SMART” retail selling objectives for each sales call and measures performance against each objective
- Execute the Arla Retail Call management program, including store coverage, call cycle perfect store and other components
- Achieves the territory Sales results for Total Sales and the Core Categories, through effective planning, selling and negotiating
- Effectively communicates with both internal and external customers through the use of e-mail, voicemail, and phone
- Exhibits a strong knowledge of the industry, customer, products and roles and responsibilities of an Arla Canada Sales Representative
- Perform section relines to improve product placement, facings, product mix & holding power
- Effectively manages retail expenditures (expired-in-store and trade spending)
- Creates and maintains organized retail files and effectively utilizes sales force automation tools for day to day duties
- Seeks out new business opportunities that meet Arla minimum guidelines
- Effectively manages collections and accounts receivable for all Independent customers
- Communicates all product quality issues
- Performs territory planning to maximize efficiency of sales call and delivery coverage
- Actively participate in Sales meetings and training sessions as required
- Develop annual promotional plans for his/her major Independent accounts that are consistent with the overall Sales Department objectives and strategies
- Demonstrate an outside-in mindset (Front Line Obsession), ensuring the customer (internal and external) remains prominent in the execution of departmental activities, with the goal of achieving positive customer experience management within Arla
Basic Job Requirements:
- Must have strong leadership (influencer) and interpersonal skills to form relationships internally and externally
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and organizational skills to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Passion to achieve customer satisfaction
- Self-starter with ability to be resourceful, operate independently and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail and ability to leverage technology in role (Outlook; MS Office; Nielsen); Good Financial Acumen required
- Must reside within proximity to the sales region, own a reliable vehicle, and possess a positive driving record for frequent customer travel
- Strong knowledge of Downtown Toronto customer demographic and territory preferred
- Must have the ability to work from a home office on a personal computer with internet access
Education & Experience Required:
- Minimum completion of a Degree/Diploma from an accredited University or equivalent related work experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and active insurance coverage
- Previous sales experience within CPG, including Direct Store Delivery experience
Grow at Arla Foods
At Arla, we aim to develop our position as a leading global dairy company and grow our business in a sustainable manner not only financially, but also in ethical, social and environmental terms. We have an ambition to take the lead in these areas by ensuring safe products, reducing our environmental impact and taking a long-term perspective.
Arla foods is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants and employees regardless of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences (for which a pardon has been granted), disability, marital or family status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at the email address above to provide your contact information. While we appreciate all resume submissions, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract