Welcome to Dr. Oetker! We are an international family business whose quality products have appealed to people’s taste for generations. With us you have the chance to shape your future and ours alongside more than 12,000 colleagues in over 40 countries.
Grow in our team as > Receiver & Material Handler (London, Ontario)
- You will perform and document pre-operational Health & Safety and HACCP checks.
- You will check sanitary/ temperature conditions of trucks and goods before unloading.
- You will receive all incoming products as correct for product type/ item, labeling, quantity and condition. You ensure stock is put away properly labeled in its assigned correct location in the warehouse (ambient, chilled or frozen), while operating electrical moveable racks.
- You will be responsible to ensure that the cold chain is not interrupted with product pulls and returns.
- You can read orders on computer system and scan goods.
- You have experience operating hand pallet trucks, forklifts, and driver seated reach trucks.
- You are part of the team that produces highest quality Dr. Oetker products.
- You ensure optimal use of materials with adherence to health and safety and environmental requirements.
- You communicate and collaborate with other departments and provide excellent customer service.
- You will strive for improvements in your own area and others.
- You will be responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Food safety and security is of the utmost importance for Dr. Oetker and for you.
- You will consistently follow all Dr. Oetker Health & Safety policies and procedures, setting a positive example while exercising care within your work to prevent injuries to yourself and to your co-workers.
- You understand that management may at its discretion reassign you to a different position, line, shift, shift rotation and/or department based on operational need.
- You have earned your High School Diploma or GED equivalent and you are proficient in English.
- You are proficient in your technical understanding, reading text, document use, numeracy, writing, verbal communication and computer/ handheld/ scanner use.
- You have good computer skills and possess working knowledge of SAP, and the ability to learn a new software program.
- You possess sound knowledge of personal health and safety standards and preferably have experience in hygiene and food safety (HACCP) in a manufacturing environment.
- You have 3- 5 years or more of experience in shipping, receiving or warehouse. You possess a fork lift license with 2 years or more driving experience and have previous work experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment is beneficial.
- You have the ability to work according to tight schedules and timelines, and can work independently as well as in a team environment.
- You have excellent organization and problem solving skills. You have the ability to manage multiple assignments, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and assignments.
- Physical essential abilities are handling heavy loads (up to 25 KG), manual dexterity, attention to detail, good hand-eye co-ordination, and lifting abilities. You can stand for long periods of time and are able to work in extreme conditions with a combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting and kneeling.
- You have the ability to work under conditions of cold temperatures.
- You have the availability to work a 3 shift rotation, including coverage of unexpected leaves of absences and vacation and overtime as required.
- You have your own transportation, as public transportation is not available.
- Must be able to touch and work with pork, chicken and beef productions.
- You are able to work days and afternoon shifts, on a rotating basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.12 per hour
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- SAP and Inventory Scanning: 1 year (Preferred)
- forklift operator: 3 years (Preferred)