JOB DESCRIPTION… RPN- Casual Pearl and Pine Retirement Living
required to work 12 hrs shift: days, nights and weekend shifts
Reporting to the Director of Care
Responsible for serving the needs of the clients, within the scope of practice. This includes:
- Maintains client records and required documentation in accordance with policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
- Interprets and adheres to company policies, procedures, practices and philosophies.
- Manages medications as prescribed and observes changes in condition and reports them on the personal charts and to the DOC/Nurse Manager. Monitors the safekeeping of drugs and narcotics, and follow procedure to ensure narcotic count is correct.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, safe environment for residents and personnel.
- Participates in orientation and in-service programs and on standing committees as assigned by the DOC/Nurse Manager.
- Liaises with family members and acts as a resource for questions, concerns regarding practices or related health care issues. Reports family concerns to the Director of Care/Nurse Manager and other staff.
- Maintains effective communication and good interpersonal relations with medical and allied staff, clients, families and other departments.
- Reports unusual occurrences, safety hazards or illness or problems with clients to the Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day office practices.
- Continuously follow the standards outlined in the Provincial Legislation, College of Nurses and ensure that these values are instilled in the day to day performance of the staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively within the team, with residents and clients and families as well as external service resources.
- Demonstrate solid nursing skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time