Developmental Worker – Full-time
Located in the beautiful Annapolis Valley, Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre (KRRC) serves
persons of all ages with intellectual, physical, behavioral, psychological, and/or psychiatric
disabilities. We have an opening for a Developmental Worker (DW), Full-time, currently
available at Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre located in Waterville, Nova Scotia.
We are seeking a Developmental Worker who is committed to working within a
multidisciplinary team providing holistic care for the physical, mental and spiritual health of the
clients within the mission, vision, values and strategic plan of KRR.
Reporting to Program Manager – In-Centre, this position requires a person, who is able to
work independently, understands client choices, and is able to build positive, respectful
relationships, embrace change and thrive in a fast-paced environment with conflicting
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Human Sciences; including, psychology, sociology,
criminology and education or related field.
- Must have current core competency courses. First Aid & CPR, NVCI.
- Experience with persons who have intellectual disabilities; mental illness;
- Possess and demonstrate analytical and conceptual thinking, interpersonal
skills, relationship building, client service orientation, self control, sharing
knowledge and developing potential in others and information seeking.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative, sound judgement, leadership skills,
accountability and punctuality.
- Must have medication administration experience or willingness to obtain
- Availability to work weekdays, weekends and holidays; shift work; days,
evenings and nights.
- Must demonstrate understanding and commitment to upholding the principles of
- Accountable for own professional practice.
Please direct applications including cover letter/resume to Human Resources:
Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre
1349 County Home Road,
PO Box 128
Waterville, NS B0P 1V0
We appreciate all applications; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be notified.