We are Halton Hoisting, a competitive construction elevator company, based out of Oakville. We provide material elevators for low and high-rise buildings. This is a dynamic position within the construction industry, providing an opportunity to enter a licensed, well-paid mechanic's trade.
We are looking for talented tools-persons with experience working in crews on construction sites.
- Installing, servicing and dismantling construction hoists.
- Rigging and hoisting machinery
- Using power and hand-held tools efficiently
- Testing power in electrical panel
- Inspecting rigging gear and safety equipment
- Perform routine maintenance of hoist
- Excellent detail to measure, inspect and complete tasks
- Must be comfortable working at heights and outdoors
- Ability to focus in a busy environment while securing equipment
- Pride in organizing, cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment
- Excellent communication and team relationships are needed to complete the job
- Working at Heights certification required by date of hire
- 2 years of construction crew experience. Hard hat, safety glasses, work boots and vest
- Heavy lifting required for uploading and off-loading trailer
- Clean drivers abstract: G license
Desired Certifications and Knowledge
- EDMT (Elevator Device Mechanic in Training) and WHMIS are desirable upon hiring
- TSSA provides the certification for EDMT's, their safety training is the first step to being an EDM-in Training
- Hoisting, electrical, measuring, operating equipment
Must possess a good open attitude with patience and willingness to learn
Able to learn quickly and apply knowledge
Detailed to complete smallest of tasks
If you're up for a challenge, you will be rewarded with a great career as an Elevator Mechanic!!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- tools: 2 years (Required)
- working at heights: 1 year (Preferred)
- construction site: 2 years (Required)
- Rigging heavy loads: 1 year (Preferred)
- trailer hauling: 1 year (Preferred)
- EDM-T (Preferred)
- Working at Heights/Fall Arrest (Required)