Directly responsible to the Manager, Packing, Shipping and Receiving. Must communicate with Scheduler, Sales, Shipping Receiving team, Packaging department and all other plant personnel. Functionally responsible for material being shipped as per customer requirements and received.
· Post-secondary education preferred, Grade 12 mandatory
· 1-3 years of experience in Shipping/Transportation
· Must have good command of English, written & oral
· Must have good telephone presence and manners
· Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office a must
· Must have knowledge of freight class/ harmonization coding
· CTPAT, PAP, CWPCP and USMCA knowledge an asset
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the Shipping & Receiving Clerk are detailed below, but not limited to the following:
· Ship all orders that are available for shipment on time
· Prepare and record shipments as required in computer system, and affix identifying information and shipping instructions
· Completion of all shipping and customs documents including computer input
· Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents. Record applicable data in the system as required as well as shortages and reject damaged goods
· Maintain internal computerized record-keeping systems
· Schedule truck loads and routes based on most optimal mode
· Arrange quality reports for shipments.
· Arrange courier services.
· Ensure all weights and counts are correct as indicated on work order
· Track and trace freight
· Create shipping documents and schedule pickups
· Maintain shipping files/ reports/ month end
· Maintain good relationship with other departments, Sales / Packing
· Create International shipments and documentation
· Perform transportation quotes, review vendor billing and fuel surcharge
· Filing transportation claims
· Perform order expediting
· Comply with all quality related policies, procedures and system requirements.
· All other duties as assigned
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent