Cash 4 You | Loans and Financial Services
One of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies, we operate at the intersection of Retail, Technology and Financial Services. For nearly two decades, Cash 4 You has been recognized as a leader in the consumer financial service industry with over $1 Billion dollars of loans funded. We are not only known for our fast and easily accessible loans and financial services through our retail, mobile and digital channels, but for our incredible people as well.
What is the opportunity?
This position is accountable for performing statistical model development & validation, assessing model’s risks and implementing controls to mitigate identified risks. The Senior Manager also acts in an oversight role to ensure that risks associated with model implementation/application have been outlined and mitigated, validates the model design and adheres to the model risk management policy and the overall risk management strategy. The successful candidate will document the process and the recommendations and communicate with the business and model owner throughout the engagement.
What will you do?
- Lead the design, development, validation, and implementation of risk models to support new account origination and fraud identification/mitigation.
- Identify innovative modeling techniques that leverage industry best practices and enhance portfolio profitability.
- Research and review new alternative data sources with a view towards augmenting model performance.
- Identify patterns in data and recommend improvements in strategies and quantify the benefits; present recommendations to management and senior management.
- Perform quantitative analysis to produce recommendations and reports in support of business initiatives, efficiencies, and potential strategies. This includes modeling design, development, process and utilization of sophisticated statistical modeling methods and tools.
- Mentor and supervise analysts in order to deliver on projects, develop and train talent.
- Responsible for leading larger scale and strategic projects.
- Interacts with different business stakeholders regarding credit risk issues; formulates strategy recommendation by evaluates the risk in the overall loan portfolio.
- A Master’s Degree in Statistics or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in model development and credit risk analysis in financial industry, retail behavioral modelling or other related areas focused on the analysis of large datasets.
- Very strong analytical and technical skills including quantitative analysis (Machine learning techniques, statistical/mathematical modelling, time series models, etc) and programming.
- Strong user of SQL, SAS, python, R and other statistical data analysis tools.
- People management experience is highly weighted.
- Excellent analytical, modeling and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage time and work under strict deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities (multi-tasking).
- Ability to clearly communicate (written and verbal) technical, analytical/quantitative or conceptual information and ideas.
- Solid interpersonal skills with a track record in developing strong working relationships across the organization.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $0.00 per year