Exchanger Industries is a leading designer and manufacturer of custom heat transfer equipment for the global oil, natural gas, and petrochemical industries world-wide. Since our incorporation in 1961, we have grown extensively, to be recognized as a world leader in thermal heat transfer technology, and one of the largest manufacturers of heat exchangers in Canada.
We are currently looking for a Purchaser. This role will interact with all departments - particularly operations, engineering, sales & finance. This is an important role in the organization - fresh ideas; a can-do attitude & excellent execution are welcome.
The Purchaser will provide project and operational purchasing and expediting services with external vendors to enable successful project outcomes and cradle to grave management of purchase orders.
This role is responsible for obtaining requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders, responsible for the timely placement of purchase orders, delivery of materials to meet customer order requirements, verification of receipt of items and maintenance of stock inventory levels within approved guidelines. Also responsible for creating and maintaining purchasing policies and procedures.
- Assist and facilitate Project managers, Sales, Engineering, Drafting, Production & accounting with all and any issues as required
- Read drawings and understand relationship to ASME Code.
- Double check all drawings against issuance of BOM.
Double check Issued for construction drawings against BOM issue for revisions not captured.
- Confirm details with ASME code as required for Purchase
RFQ BOM details
- Purchase BOM items based on Conformance to ASME, Price & lead time
- Develop and qualify new suppliers
- Maintain and improve relationship with current supply chain.
- Maintain and develop supply chain buying lists
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives
- Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered
- Resolves shipments in error with suppliers
- Develop and implement policies and procedures
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Qualifications & Skills
- University degree or technical diploma in relevant field
- PMAC or APICS designation not required, but preferred
- 2 years of procurement experience within large scale, heavy industry and custom manufacturing
- Experience with commodity & category items listed above
- Experience reading/interpreting engineering drawings
- Ability to read and work with a Bill of Material (BoM)
- Possess effective communication (verbal and written) with strong customer service skills
- Demonstrated understanding of extended supply chain
- Interpret and apply department policies and procedures
- Ability to work effectively with all levels in the organization
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applicable applications
- Solid technical skills with ERP, database
- Communicate with co-workers to provide and receive direction
Job Type: Full-time
- reading/interpreting engineering drawings: 1 year (Preferred)
- large scale, heavy industry & custom manufacturing purchasin: 2 years (Preferred)
- procurement: 2 years (Required)
- PMAC or APICS designation (Preferred)