Come join our team! If you are looking for a career that is both challenging and rewarding, with an organization that embraces the core values of integrity and excellence, look no further.
The Law Society of BC offers work/life balance, a collegial atmosphere, and an excellent benefits package, including: extended health benefits, a dental plan, a generous health care spending account, and more.
Our Trust Assurance Department is seeking a full-time Trust Assurance Assistant for a 12-month term. Historically, many employees who have started at the Law Society as term employees have successfully posted into permanent positions by the end of their term. The Trust Assurance Assistant provides administrative support to the Trust Assurance Department; including the Deputy Director, Team Leaders, Auditors, and Coordinators.
The duties of this position include:
- Administrative audit preparation, including scanning, preparation of files and sending introductory letters to law firms.
- Correspondence and re-scheduling of audits when required.
- Providing administrative support via email and telephone to Auditors.
- Maintaining the department’s BF system, tracking of filings and responses and issuing reminder letters.
- Tracking timely filing of Trust Reports, including monitoring possible suspensions; notifying other departments of member suspensions and reinstatements.
- Creating and updating monthly Trust Report filing requirements; creating the reminder letter mail merge at the beginning of each month.
- Ensuring that quarterly Trust Administration Fee reminder notices are sent to all law firms.
- Data entry of post audit surveys into a database.
- Creating, revising and distribution of correspondence (distributing mail, creating letters in document database, formatting letters, and processing mail merges).
- Daily maintenance of the Trust Assurance voicemail; responding to calls and forwarding phone calls to the appropriate person.
- Daily maintenance of the Trust Accounting email; responding to emails and forwarding email messages to the appropriate person.
- Telephone technical support for the online Trust Report and the online filing of the Trust Administration Fee.
- Filing, photocopying, and other clerical duties.
- Such other duties as the Deputy Director, Team Leaders, Auditors or Coordinators may require.
- Successful completion of an Administrative Assistant Certificate Program and two years’ experience in an administrative role.
- Professional training and experience in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Demonstrated writing and publishing skills with strong attention to detail and excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- An articulate and organized person, capable of multi-tasking and working in a professional environment with minimal direction, though able to take direction well when provided.
To apply, please visit our website at https://www.lawsociety.bc.ca/about-us/careers-at-the-law-society/job-postings/. The closing date for this competition is December 9, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is located at the Law Society of British Columbia office in the Yaletown area of Vancouver, BC.
845 Cambie Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
Job Types: Full-time, Contract