Legalization has opened up the recreational cannabis market in Canada, and the global demand for medical cannabis continues to expand. In this exciting new environment, Canopy Growth’s mission is to be the No. 1 cannabis company in the world. We’re looking for incredible people to join us on the journey.
With millions of square feet of licensed cannabis production and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth Corporation (“Canopy Growth”) is the largest legal producer of cannabis in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index. Its wholly owned subsidiaries — including its flagship, Tweed, and international medical companies operating under the Spectrum Therapeutics brand — are leading producers of legal, regulated cannabis.
Headquartered in Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of its success, and takes pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth.
Reporting to the Director of Digital, this role is responsible for ensuring best in class UI/UX across Canopy Growth’s digital properties. The Senior Manager, User Experience will define the UI/UX process, complete user research, implement strategic UX design across all touch points with the goal of optimizing the information architecture and user flows to continuously drive conversion and deliver exceptional digital experiences. This role is a member of Digital team within the Marketing Communications Division at Canopy Growth. As a central service, it supports our core and partner brands across both the Recreational and Medical markets.
- Lead UX/UI Design process with a view to translating business objectives into user goals and behaviors through creative interaction and design solutions
- Create a culture of disciplined innovation through a process of testing and learning that supports innovation and brings proven winners to market
- Be the advocate for the customer, ensuring user-centered design (UCD) practices are applied to ensure optimal product design for target audiences
- Effectively think through and communicate ideas/designs via journey maps, user flows, wireframes, prototypes and other artifacts
- Guide design research activities to define customer pain points and map out ideal experiences
- Continuously refine and test the product to improve its usability and value proposition
- Participate in and initiate consumer journey and design review sessions with key stakeholders, gaining consensus and approval on design artifacts
- Work in a cross-functional agile team (alongside Product Managers, UI/UX designers, Digital Insights, Creative, Project Management and Developers) to build experiences that deliver consumer value and conversion
- Build our UX process, champion an innovative and iterative mindset
- Manage and mentor a team of UX specialists
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years in a UX/UI strategy and design
- Working knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager and Target
- People management experience
- Experience with a wide range of design tools (Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Axure, and presentation software)
- Desire to lead the entire UCD process using methods like sketching, storyboarding, diagramming, wireframing, and prototyping, and usability testing for screen-based products
- Excellent communication skills to explain and sell conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Working knowledge of interaction design and information architecture
- Strong presentation and problem-solving skills
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, visual communications, product, industrial) or a related field or equivalent experience
- An exceptional eye for detail and passion for quality evidenced by portfolio with work samples
This is a full time position based out of Kanata or Toronto.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.