Job Number: 80522
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Juravinski Hospital
Organization: Interprofessional Development
Status: Regular Full-time
Hours per week: 0.01
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: ONA Local 70
Minimum Salary: 38.8500 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 54.5600
Post Date: Feb 13, 2020, 5:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Feb 20, 2020, 4:59:00 AM
The Quality & Performance Portfolio has corporate level responsibility for improving performance and quality of patient care. As part of the Quality & Performance Portfolio, Clinical Practice & Education supports HHS staff with their education, professional development and practice needs. Services provided include staff education and development; student placements; computer systems education; and libraries.
This position will have specific responsibility with Juravinski ICU/CICU, Hamilton General Hospital CCU and the MUMC Women’s Reproductive Health ICU. The Nurse Clinician will work as part of an education resource team also supporting central education programs.
As a member of the health care team, plans, develops, implements and evaluates education and development programs to enhance clinical proficiency, quality improvement and team skills. Facilitates and expedites continuous learning and professional development through coaching and/or mentoring of staff and clients. Facilitates appropriate coordination of resources to meet identified education and development needs.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday, days.
1. Current certificate of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
2. Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, master’s degree preferred
3. 3 years recent experience (in the last 3 years) in acute adult critical care
4. Tertiary women’s health and reproductive care experience preferred
5. 1 year recent experience in adult education within the last year
6. Demonstrated experience as a preceptor of staff and/or students
7. Demonstrated proficiency in the mentoring and development of new staff
8. Evidence of ability to develop, conduct and evaluate educational programs to learners from a variety of health care disciplines
9. Demonstrated competencies in team building, organizational skills, leadership and presenting/managing change in a positive manner
10. Experience in evaluation of learning activities specific to individual and team performance
11. Current ACLS certification preferred
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement