The Dispatcher will coordinate and direct the movement of trucks and freight, serving as the key liaison between drivers and customers. This role plays an integral part in providing superior customer service while maintaining an emphasis on product, quality and costs.
Working with Management, the Dispatcher uses modern routing software in order to develop, alter and optimize delivery routes. The ability to effectively handle sudden changes or delivery issues is a major requirement of this role. This position will have a tremendous impact on the day to day operations of our business. If you’re passionate about working with a growing local business, we encourage you to apply!
- Record and allocate all requests for delivery and pickup among our team of drivers.
- Communicate and serve as the main liaison between drivers and customers.
- Maintain regular phone and computer contact with trucks, and keep accurate records of all vehicle movements through our transportation software.
- Use geographical knowledge to accurately select the most efficient routes for pickup and delivery. Record all information for proper billing.
- Receive and dispatch aid in response to any emergency needs for assistance or repairs.
- Ensure driver success through relationship building, effective communication and positive recognition.
- Record and maintain driver maintenance files, logs, equipment, expenses, fuel and other dispatch information. Ensure that all driver personnel documents are up to date.
- Create and modify drivers' schedules as dictated by customer needs.
- Develop and foster exceptional customer relationships and investigate customer complaints as required.
- Resolve driver complaints and enforce company policies.
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and listening skills.
- Ability to problem solve and recognize when to escalate larger issues to management.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
- Strong geographical knowledge of Canada and the US.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel are essential. Knowledge of Tailwind or other trucking software is considered an asset.
- Previous dispatch and trucking industry experience is an asset but not mandatory.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37,000.00 to $52,000.00 /year
- dispatch: 2 years (Preferred)