Position : Housing Support Worker
Closing Date : Open until filled
Status : Relief (varied shifts/round-the-clock)
Location : Abbotsford
Nature of Work: AM/PM, Weekend/Statutory Holidays
Posting #2 : LMA - 092019
Legacy Manor is a 37 semi-independent housing units in Abbotsford that provides women the support and assists the need to live independently. It offers women with a history of homelessness or who are at risk of homelessness with housekeeping apartments and two meals a day.
EFry is human rights based social agency interested in working with others committed to equality, fairness, and opportunity for those we serve.
Provides a range of supports, serving homeless/at risk individuals, such as medication administration, crisis intervention, resource acquisition, health and recreational groups and general problem solving.
- Maintains a warm, safe supportive atmosphere through engaging with tenants and building rapport and goodwill while overseeing the Manor’s day to day activities.
- Conducts scheduled interviews, and tenant registration for housing units.
- Provides tenants with day to day support as needed, and ongoing monthly tenant meetings to review their plans and goals for themselves and provide case management as needed. Where necessary, identify tenant challenges and develop intervention plans.
- Administers and records medication taken by tenants as required. Maintain daily records of operations and tenant interaction as necessary.
- Performs light housekeeping duties ensuring a safe, clean hygienic environment for all.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A 2 year Diploma in related field plus over two years’ experience in a similar environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Addictions and mental health experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of women with complex needs and the government services they interact with.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- Understanding of crisis management, risk assessment, trauma and gender-informed practice, and case management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs
- Negative TB Test
- Willingness to obtain Food Safe Level 1 and Standard First Aid with CPR-C
- Doctor’s Note of fitness required
- Ability to obtain Criminal Record Check for children and vulnerable adults (local, provincial)
- Applicants with a driver’s license are preferred
- Satisfactory record of driver’s abstract
EFry actively promotes a program of employment equity and equal opportunity to ensure equal access to employment opportunity for all persons.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Casual
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Abbotsford, BC (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)