Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations:
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Enjoy flexible, proactive, and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being and connectedness.
Build a network of colleagues for life
Are you looking for an opportunity to help Canadian corporations drive their climate change strategies forward? Read more below!
What will your typical day look like?
Our established Climate Change practice thrives to grow, innovate, and offer quality and insights to our clients. We are looking for a technically strong, experience and motivated Senior Manager, who wants to be part of this business that is constantly setting standards.
Our Senior Managers work with our Partners to lead the practice and deliver client engagement through managing diverse projects with multi-disciplinary and integrated teams, managing client and key stakeholder’s expectations and leading the development and presentation of materials to clients and the broader marketplace. They also lead business development and develop new service offerings and thought leadership initiatives.
About the team
Our Canadian practice brings people together through a truly National presence and has a diverse range of skills. You will work with people who have a broad range of skills and qualifications – accountants, engineers, scientists, management consultants and industry specialists. You will have the opportunity to work on strategy advisory, assurance and management system projects in a broad array of sectors including retail and consumer businesses, energy and resources, financial services and the public sectors. Some examples of our climate change services include climate risk analysis and disclosure, carbon baseline development, target setting and carbon neutral strategy.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- 10+ years of experience in climate change, including 5-7+ years of experience in a professional services environment leading the delivery of consulting engagements
- Relevant work experience in developing carbon inventories and reduction strategies including establishing targets, supporting business case and application of related carbon reduction frameworks / standards (SBTI, etc.) and application of related carbon / GHG frameworks and standards (ISO 14064, WRI GHG Protocol, etc.) to develop and estimate carbon footprints, baseline years and addressing annual changes in enterprise portfolio
- Ideal experience in establishing climate change strategies using leading frameworks (TCFD) with specific experience in: developing climate models, or using related climate data to assess risk and exposure to climate hazards; conducting transition risk assessment towards a low-carbon economy; conducting climate scenario analysis to identify material risk and opportunities for organizations; reporting and disclosure of climate risks in annual reports and / or sustainability reports; development and delivery of related awareness training in climate governance and strategy for senior/ executive management and / or board of directors, etc.
- Experience in assessments of climate change risks and opportunities as related to investor expectations, ESG analyst reports and other related climate disclosures and experience with supporting carbon assurance projects and/ or leading carbon assurance engagements
- Experience with project management including budget monitoring/ analysis, status reporting, and issue management
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
You will lead at every level:
We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
You can work your way:
We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
You will feel included and inspired:
We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.